App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I've always believed that, as a whole, the foreign contingent - even the Catholic Church , is more disposed to the idea (something about the cancer of this country .. Fighting for racism even if it means downfall. What do you expect from Hitlers mentors) ...

Check this out ...

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I've always believed that, as a whole, the foreign contingent - even the Catholic Church , is more disposed to the idea (something about the cancer of this country .. Fighting for racism even if it means downfall. What do you expect from Hitlers mentors) ...

Check this out ...

I even ran across something on social media talking about the United Nations talking about it now ..

We'll see ..
My take on a possibility is that the Europeans that were in the slave trade in their colonies didn't have slavery in Europe. No one talks about why England, Spain, France, Portugal, etc who all had colonies with slaves didn't have their home country with slaves.

Two reasons I think. One is slaves would take the jobs of the poor in their country. But why not even a few. Say okay, 1000 slaves. That won't do any harm to the country's poor citizens. Why? They knew it was wrong. And it was an out of sight, out of mind thing. Same thing in the north in America. 90 percent of people in the 1700 and 1800 hundreds died within 50 miles of where they were born.

So, they have much more of a guilt thing. In America, white folks (in the south) lived among slaves. Experienced or heard of 100s of slave revolts. They built a society that changed culturally to one that was based in large part on keeping Blacks oppressed. No such social system occurred in Europe as there were hardly any Blacks and the people didn't see or hear much of what happened in the colonies that had slaves.

America is different. Caribbean is somewhere inbetween. Europeans freed their slaves way earlier than America did. England started freeing slaves as early as 1809 (when they also banned the transatlantic shipping of slaves) till its full end after 1830.

In America hating, fearing, oppressing Blacks is ingrained. And that mindset was de facto passed on to incoming European immigrants if they wanted to be accepted as American and have white status.

cjg

Senior Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
My take on a possibility is that the Europeans that were in the slave trade in their colonies didn't have slavery in Europe. No one talks about why England, Spain, France, Portugal, etc who all had colonies with slaves didn't have their home country with slaves.

Two reasons I think. One is slaves would take the jobs of the poor in their country. But why not even a few. Say okay, 1000 slaves. That won't do any harm to the country's poor citizens. Why? They knew it was wrong. And it was an out of sight, out of mind thing. Same thing in the north in America. 90 percent of people in the 1700 and 1800 hundreds died within 50 miles of where they were born.

So, they have much more of a guilt thing. In America, white folks (in the south) lived among slaves. Experienced or heard of 100s of slave revolts. They built a society that changed culturally to one that was based in large part on keeping Blacks oppressed. No such social system occurred in Europe as there were hardly any Blacks and the people didn't see or hear much of what happened in the colonies that had slaves.

America is different. Caribbean is somewhere inbetween. Europeans freed their slaves way earlier than America did. England started freeing slaves as early as 1809 (when they also banned the transatlantic shipping of slaves) till its full end after 1830.

In America hating, fearing, oppressing Blacks is ingrained. And that mindset was de facto passed on to incoming European immigrants if they wanted to be accepted as American and have white status.
Interesting point and question,Bro. I knew about England, but not the other European countries.

Did the Catholic Church have something to do with that decision, as well?

.. 🤔

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Interesting point and question,Bro. I knew about England, but not the other European countries.

Did the Catholic Church have something to do with that decision, as well?

.. 🤔
Catholic church has been trying to rehabilitate its terrible history on slavery. My guess is the church, or specifically this specific Pope, would support reparations if the movement became big enough.

If they were told to put some money into a pot, they might start hemming and hawing.

The church okayed slavery for the money. They knew it was wrong at the time. Italy had some Moors in Italy during that time. The play Othello, reflects that. The Moors sold out non Muslim Africans though if we wanna keep it a buck.

What makes the Catholic church and the Protestant areas of the rest of Europe so egregious is of the 3 Abrahmic religions, you can't justify slavery at all. By definition slavery violates Christianity (treat your neighbor as yourself, you convert people by good works and preaching the word). White folks tried to use the new testament verse 'slave obey your masters' incorrectly. The masters were not Christian. And obey in the Greek is translated as antagonizing, disrespecting your master. After converting fellow Hebrews the next group to accept Christianity in the Roman empire in numbers were the slaves because it was a religion that outlawed slavery because it treated everyone the same no matter your social status. Most of Rome were slaves just like in the south.

The church today is still political. They haven't called out Israel on Gaza have they? And the cold part is Bethlehem in the West Bank was over 70 percent Christian before the 1967 war and the Israelis ran damn near all of them out and the Catholic church as well as all denominations didn't say shit. The West Bank itself was about 19 percent arab Christians in 1970 and 2 percent now and you got White evangelicals backing a European non Hebrew lineage led Israel who have taken over Christian settlements.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Jews played the long game in both America and the UK. They got into positions of power and influence. Kissinger, before him, the secretary of Treasury Henry Morgenthau Jr. during the Great Depression and WW2 years.

Also in the UK there was an active zionist movement and the ones of prominence were advocating for a Jewish state for a long time.

Palestine / Israel was under Muslim control (Ottoman Turks) through WW1. They decided to align with Germany in WW1 and lost the territory to the UK.

Believe it or not, it was suggested at one time a part of present day Uganda be given to Jews for a homeland?

Going back to the '70s, even Nixon said the quiet part out loud.