Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

2 Reasons Why You Would Have Hated Malcolm X When He Was Alive | Black History Month

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Malcom.jpg

He Was Led By Truth, Not By Man​

Malcolm X was a prolific minister within the Nation of Islam but it wasn't because of faith, it was because he believed it to be true. When he was faced with information that showed the Nation of Islam to not be the unwavering truth, he began to question it. When he found out that Elijah Muhammad was allegedly taking advantage of underaged women he questioned the motives of the leader. HE DID NOT DEFEND ELIJAH MUHAMMAD OR MAKE EXCUSES FOR HIS BEHAVIOR. Malcolm X became a pariah within the nation because he wanted the Nation to be a place of values not a place for double-standards and abuse of Black women. When Malcom X confided in Farrakhan, Minister Farrakhan went running to tattle-tale and gain favor. Farrakhan said in the 1960's:

“The die is set and Malcolm shall not escape. Such a man as Malcolm is worthy of death.”
    https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1994-04-23-mn-49426-story.html

Should Challenging Each Other Mean Death?​

Now do I agree with Malcolm X going to the media to talk about the NOI? Absolutely not. But was he worthy of death for calling out the hypocrisy within the Nation? For calling out the leader for alleged extra-marital affairs with underaged girls? No. Malcolm X was protecting the Black community and the community turned on him and worked to get him assassinated. It's absolutely disgusting and this behavior has not subsided in the Black community.

Dogma caused the NOI's constituents to turn on Brother Malcolm X rather than hearing his concerns and addressing them as Brothers and Sisters. Instead of calling out, investigating, and stopping the alleged abuse of underaged girls...BLACK PEOPLE demonized X, firebombed his house, and then worked with the FBI to kill the man.

Many Black people running around talking about Black Empowerment are only for it when it aligns with the words of their leader. It's cultish, anti-intellectual, and it led to the death of one of our most amazing Black leaders in Black American History.

He Was a Man of Principle​

Malcolm X was led by his principles and he wouldn't sacrifice them for no man. When Elijah Muhammad wanted him to be complicit in the courting of underaged girls Malcolm X said HELLLLL NO! He did not stand for that. He didn't let fame, potential fortune, and comfort lead him to follow something that he felt was morally unsound. Not many people in the Black community have this heart. A lot of Black people will sacrifice their principles (excuse my language) for niggas on Youtube that they don't even know.

Malcolm X fell into a depression because he led many Black women into the NOI only to find out that they were being abused. This is a Black man who had Black people's interest as a core principle of his being. When he hit the crossroad of protecting Black people or protecting the NOI he chose Black people. A lot of people choose organization and personality over community every single day for people they do not even know.

Why I Love Malcolm X​

Malcolm X was such a powerful figure BECAUSE he was led by truth and stood on his principles. He personified masculinity by not only challenging White Supremacy but challenging US as a people to be better, stronger, faster, and self-sufficient. He didn't run around yelling like a crazed maniac, he stayed composed and eloquently destroyed the verbal opposition WHILE ALSO reserving fire and brimstone for those who took it beyond words. He let nothing get in his path of education, righteousness, enlightenment and the empowerment of Black people.

Our dogmatic ways allowed us to leave one of our most cherished and fearless ancestors protectionless against our adversary. We can ALL learn from our powerful ancestor and the mistakes of those who came before us.

Blessings to you Brother X...you are my inspiration.
    Thank you for the amazing sacrifice you made for us.

mx.jpg

Last edited:

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Very timely words that we need now more than ever. I don't believe people truly understand how brave Malcolm X was. He was willing to alienate himself for what was right and not many people are willing to do that. I know people who won't even talk back to their supervisor meanwhile Malcolm X was challenging the head of the organization. It is bravery at its finest.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I couldn't eat a bean pie after hearing this speech:

"did you teach Malcolm, did you make Malcolm, did you clean up Malcolm, did you put Malcolm out before the world? Was Malcolm your traitor or was he ours? and if we dealt with him like a nation deals with a traitor what the hell business is it of yours"