zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Unfiltered Vision: Ashaki's Presidential Perspective

🚨 New episode alert 🚨 Join us on "2023 Debt Ceiling. 2013 Debt Ceiling?" where we discuss the current debt ceiling crisis gripping the United States. With the stakes higher than ever before, politicians on both sides of the aisle are scrambling to find a solution. The consequences of inaction are dire, and the impact will be felt by everyone. Don't miss out on this crucial moment in our nation's history. Listen now on "Unfiltered Vision: Ashaki's Presidential Perspective." #debtceiling #politics #podcast

D

Deleted member 1946

Unfiltered Vision: Ashaki's Presidential Perspective

🚨 New episode alert 🚨 Join us on "2023 Debt Ceiling. 2013 Debt Ceiling?" where we discuss the current debt ceiling crisis gripping the United States. With the stakes higher than ever before, politicians on both sides of the aisle are scrambling to find a solution. The consequences of inaction are dire, and the impact will be felt by everyone. Don't miss out on this crucial moment in our nation's history. Listen now on "Unfiltered Vision: Ashaki's Presidential Perspective." #debtceiling #politics #podcast
I will tune in.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Every nation that stops being for the people and just being for the ones in charge, end up seeing the populace as the enemy.

America started out, in theory at least, being for the common white man and has done things for him such as free land and such.

The average white man is now seeing the government is only for the white elite that governs in perpetuity. Any one who comes in with any designs on helping the masses gets killed or co-opted (Obama, AOC, Bernie).

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Every nation that stops being for the people and just being for the ones in charge, end up seeing the populace as the enemy.

America started out, in theory at least, being for the common white man and has done things for him such as free land and such.

The average white man is now seeing the government is only for the white elite that governs in perpetuity. Any one who comes in with any designs on helping the masses gets killed or co-opted (Obama, AOC, Bernie).
    I think that's true on paper but the nation was always for the White elite the only time the average White man really got ahead was after the new deal. But now that the elite are now clawing all that back the common White person is feeling a change in standard of living and want to find out how to blame it on Black people.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I don't think the general population understands how this works at all.

I'm a federal government employee so this has the potential to cut off pay from my job and I'd still have to show up to work and just wait until it all clears up to get back paid.

Even the pay I get through VA disability compensation would be cut off. Any pay I get from moonlighting on the side could potentially be affected because most companies pay nurses through Medicaid and/or Medicare funding which could be cut off.

So it's not just those that get social security checks that are affected. And let's be clear those people that get SSI and/or social security retirement have earned that through money taken out of their income.

And although you'll be back paid in most cases this doesn't negate that bills will keep coming and late fees will be applied. Some people may end up losing their vehicle, home, and won't have money for food and necessities.

This is what happens when too many Republicans are in office. These are the consequences. It's about more than just the pipedream of reparations! This is real life. There are consequences.