The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Akon Explains Why Africans Are More Talented Than Black Americans

DOSO

Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Pull up your pants, you akata junkes. [

View attachment 6055

Africans more talented than African-Americans? I don't know about that. One thing that I do know, is that
    Africans don't seem to be that good in boxing compared to FBA's. Most African boxers seem a little soft.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Pull up your pants, you akata junkes. 

View attachment 6055

He’s such a clown. If you’re exceptional it should be present in your homeland. If you have to leave your homeland to make it pop then something is clearly wrong Especially from Africa where are the resources are.

cjg

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    #dna

Black Americans have the same "intelligence" that he's speaking of ... That sports acumen, that's intelligence , entertaining, that's intelligence ... I believe melanin gives us more powers than we realize.

Its said that our ancestors had more DNA strands ..

Last edited:

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The irony is that Akon got his fame and money from black America. He wasn't saying all this slick sh*t when he needed us in America to make it. He didn't go back to Senegal to make it.

He started all this slick sh*t AFTER he made his money off us. I have zero respect. I'd also have him name the most famous born and bred African talent and do a global poll and see how far down the list before that name is recognized more than even a B list black rapper or singer in America.

Akon's words and actions (he spends his money making only Africa better) makes the case for delineating. Unfortunately. His fame and money makes him the more dangerous. He's off code, and thinks now that he has the money he made off us, he's insulated. He feels it doesn't matter how we take it, he made his money off us and made enough where he thinks is 'f*ck you' money. It's reputed to be about 60 million and that can last you a few lifetimes in Senegal. One day though he may lose enough of that trying to build Akon city and doing too much and I hope Black people remember when he tries some concert tour to make money.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It’s getting to a point where I don’t care to deal with people like that period. He had a few hits but overall Akon wasn’t getting played much imo. He wasn’t even the most talented when he was over here so I have no idea what makes him think that.

He’s definitely a tether but we will remember his words when the white man goes after him.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The irony is that Akon got his fame and money from black America. He wasn't saying all this slick sh*t when he needed us in America to make it. He didn't go back to Senegal to make it.

He started all this slick sh*t AFTER he made his money off us. I have zero respect. I'd also have him name the most famous born and bred African talent and do a global poll and see how far down the list before that name is recognized more than even a B list black rapper or singer in America.

Akon's words and actions (he spends his money making only Africa better) makes the case for delineating. Unfortunately. His fame and money makes him the more dangerous. He's off code, and thinks now that he has the money he made off us, he's insulated. He feels it doesn't matter how we take it, he made his money off us and made enough where he thinks is 'f*ck you' money. It's reputed to be about 60 million and that can last you a few lifetimes in Senegal. One day though he may lose enough of that trying to build Akon city and doing too much and I hope Black people remember when he tries some concert tour to make money.
    Not trying to be rude, but what do you mean when you say "Akron needed us"? You & Akron both come from immigrant backgrounds, right?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Not trying to be rude, but what do you mean when you say "Akron needed us"? You & Akron both come from immigrant backgrounds, right?
    No offense taken. So, no offense given if you think that all immigrants, non FBAs, whatever, are one big group who rock with each other, such as a Somali and a Trinidadian, that would be the the farthest from reality as if all FBAs rock with each other from Larry Elder to Jason Black.

I would assume how I move on here (and in person if you knew me), that wouldn't even be a question about how I feel about ALL black people, specifically those of us on code, but I guess it still is if one looks at background over code. No offense bro, you are obviously about the SAME goals I am. So, I mean no offense.

Anyway, Akon made all his money in America right? Was it only FBAs who bought his record in America? Also, would you assume that when Akon was in America, making his music, selling records, that he was anti FBA? That he was only about Senegal/Africa? No you wouldn't. You would have thought he was down with black people no matter what, right?

I'm probably still not clear but I'm not sure how to write it any clearer. If I didn't, so be it. Maybe someone else can explain it better, than I can.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    ....also, by 'us', I mean, Blacks who spent their lives in America. On code and were all cool as one, no matter where you originated from. I have zero issues with the lineage thing. None at all. It's a necessity in the fight against white supremacy. I get it.

However, pre FBA, etc, in most areas with few exceptions, no one tripped on any homie in the hood, if they were an FBA from Jamaica, Queens, NY, non FBA from Jamaica, the Caribbean, who may have an accent, FBA from Jackson, Mississippi with a southern drawl or Johannesburg, South Africa. If you grew up with brothers, any brother, he was from your hood and everyone rode for each other.

Hopefully, that doesn't change.

Today though, we gotta handle business and that means doing certain things that makes SOME of us automatically separate on lineage instead of code. No offense given. I've seen the same happen in black countries I've traveled to the other way around so, I am not meaning solely about America.

One5

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    The background may be similar but the acclimation is different. That's why he Akon doesn't respect the architect. White supremacy has taught everyone worldwide to hate FBA. Younger immigrants have fallen for it hook like and sinker. FBA are the cream of the crop of black people worldwide. The revolution will start with them.Just go to an NFL game or NBA game. You can't see it on tv. These men are HUGE. Just watch an NBA dunking contest. The white boys in fact all other races have to SIT THEY ASSES DOWN. I submit to you we as black people were that way in the classroom as well but that growth was nipped in the bud Dr Amos Wilson. Dr. Ray Hagins explains it best he says. The rat (white man ) saw the caterpillar ( black man) turn into a butterfly. He was jealous so he figured out a way to interrupt the process. Starting by preventing us from reading. Then creating an entire school system designed to dumb us down. He then backed that up with Christianity, then the modern media. This is carried out worldwide .This why I personally have a seething for the British & Jews. The situation is dire. Now you have Spanish immigrants going on TikTok and a bunch of other non-FBA, speaking AGAINST reparations for black people. I am a Jamaican living in Jamaica watching the Chinese rape us economically. I grew up in the Bronx acclimated by FBA. I Saw Grand Master Flash and the Furious 5 live ( I'm of that age) many FBA can't say that. (no Puerto Ricans by the way). My heart breaks for my people. But like Nipsy said it's a Marathon not a sprint. So we prepare the children and keep that jad in their faces.

One5

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    ....also, by 'us', I mean, Blacks who spent their lives in America. On code and were all cool as one, no matter where you originated from. I have zero issues with the lineage thing. None at all. It's a necessity in the fight against white supremacy. I get it.

However, pre FBA, etc, in most areas with few exceptions, no one tripped on any homie in the hood, if they were an FBA from Jamaica, Queens, NY, non FBA from Jamaica, the Caribbean, who may have an accent, FBA from Jackson, Mississippi with a southern drawl or Johannesburg, South Africa. If you grew up with brothers, and brother, he was from your hood and everyone rode for each other.

Hopefully, that doesn't change.

Today though, we gotta handle business and that means doing certain things that make SOME of us automatically separate on lineage instead of code. No offense was given. I've seen the same happen in black countries I've traveled to the other way around so, I am not meaning solely about America.
    I understand you clearly. As a Jamaican who grew up among FBA, I am proud to see black Americans delineate, and stand up for themselves. It is that Jamaican thing that has helped to keep us proud, like the reggae music, the track and field dominance, and our famous on-code riders like Marcus and Bob, despite our flaws. The white supremacist media has done such a thorough job of destroying the FBA image and black people in general. A Korean living in Korea who had never met a black person can have a negative opinion. If the people orchestrating this ruin aren't the devil I don't know what is!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    #dna

Black Americans have the same "intelligence" that he's speaking of ... That sports acumen, that's intelligence , entertaining, that's intelligence ... I believe melanin gives us more powers than we realize.

There's more Black Americans in sports & entertainment than there are Africans, but whose counting? The fact is we're Black & we ALL have multiple levels of talent.
    What's upsetting to me is some of us strive to be accepted by our oppressors, than to stand & fight for our liberty together.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm guessing all those jokes and memes about his newly purchased FBA/ADOS hairline finally got to him. Now he's out here being passive aggressive and trying to demean and take jabs at us "akatas" as some form of "payback."

And then Akon spews white supremacist and racist dogwhistles like "pull up your pants?" Him talking smack about us with a fake FBA/ADOS hairline on his head is not a good look for him (no pun intended).

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If Africans are so talented,why are they singing broken versions of our music? You would create your own sound from scratch right? Akon has disrespected for the final time. We need to make him real uncomfortable when he comes to our cities.

cjg

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    #dna

I just re-read the title ... I question ppls motive nowadays (like Kanye, his intent was to sabototage or gain influence on his app, not to trash those ppl, imo) ... He's catering / borderline trying to exploit. I know the game ... Oh well

Nat Turner

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    So why can’t they be more talented in their own country? Why come to the country black Americans built and died fighting for? Why eat off us if you’re more talented and smarter? Now if you genuinely want to enlist in our struggle, that’s different IMO.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He needed our style and our approval before he could market himself to white society. We also supported him with that under age girl situation which I think the belief was he didn’t know she was 14 although being much older idk how you don’t know but maybe. He didn’t get popular in the states like Shabba Ranks or El general although the latter did admit he was influenced by AA music. Akon came out here and followed our formula and collab with the same artists that he’s basically attempting to shame.

TekhNiqo

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm guessing all those jokes and memes about his newly purchased FBA/ADOS hairline finally got to him. Now he's out here being passive aggressive and trying to demean and take jabs at us "akatas" as some form of "payback."

And then Akon spews white supremacist and racist dogwhistles like "pull up your pants?" Him talking smack about us with a fake FBA/ADOS hairline on his head is not a good look for him (no pun intended).
    Yep

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If Africans are so talented,why are they singing broken versions of our music? You would create your own sound from scratch right? Akon has disrespected for the final time. We need to make him real uncomfortable when he comes to our cities.
    Say less. I will cover Detroit. Someone better let him know what happen to Aaron Hall here. He was never right afterwards. Detroit doesn't play that coming from anyone.

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He needed our style and our approval before he could market himself to white society. We also supported him with that under age girl situation which I think the belief was he didn’t know she was 14 although being much older idk how you don’t know but maybe. He didn’t get popular in the states like Shabba Ranks or El general although the latter did admit he was influenced by AA music. Akon came out here and followed our formula and collab with the same artists that he’s basically attempting to shame.
    AmeriKKKa did Shabba Ranks wrong as all hell but I am glad he stood firm on his beliefs.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Anyone noticing a pattern lately? I am seeing a lot of trash talk being thrown around about Americans who are black in favor of those who are in or from Africa. They act like they are above and beyond us and have people like Akon saying this BS. I am still laughing at his busted hairline he got done LOL

If we want to split hairs here... Who you think they were selling during the slave trade? Their most weak and talent-less?

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am disappointed with Akon. He was trying to market himself as some sort of "Black Savior" with his Akon City only to reveal himself to be off code and suffering from internalized anti-Black racism. What a shame. I'm also hearing that Akon City isn't what it's hyped up to be.

Did anyone else also hear how Akon said that outside of financial support, he didn't really want to be there for his children and provide emotional support for his children, claiming that only "white fathers" do that? What a horrible way to reinforce and promote negative stereotypes about Black people, especially Black men and Black fathers.

Say less. I will cover Detroit. Someone better let him know what happen to Aaron Hall here. He was never right afterwards. Detroit doesn't play that coming from anyone.
    What did Aaron Hall do?

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    Ugh, I can't stand when celebs like this come out and say harmful shit like this. He's only going to further divide us. We're all Africans in some way, either you be American or from another country like Africa. No one should say dumb things like this, because it's going to further divide us when we should all be sticking together if anything.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Is Akon even relevant these days? I can't say I've ever been a fan of his music, and I don't feel like I've heard about him in quite a while.

It's a dumb take on his part. Saying one side of black people is more talented than the other is dumb, and I doubt it's factually true. Akon is probably trying to say dumb stuff to get his name out there again.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The fact that we as black people even give a damn this much what he has to say speaks volumes more about black people than it does about Akon!
    This shouldn't even be a story. It shouldn't even make headlines. We should care so little that it doesn't even get talked about!

That's not the case though. Black people value entertainers and entertainment!

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Nah bruh, you MUST check blatant public disrespect. Especially from black folks. Letting him throw shade with no response tells the rest they can say whatever.

sourgrapes

Royal Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Akon got babied in the industry. He likely has a view of his own people in America as "less than" because the music industry as well as Hollywood in general is extremely racist. Don't let people fool you into thinking it isn't. Black people that make it tend to have protection. They have the money to live in wealthy white areas. They basically get white washed and when they go to other nations, they think "why are my people this way here and not there" completely ignoring the oppression, racism, and comings of as it pertains to blacks in America.