ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Amen. Being on code is difficult because it takes discipline but it also takes accountability.
    That part and indeed it is not easy but if we focus on building it can become natural! ✊🏿💯

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I've experienced true pan Africanism once. I was in a foreign country and there were only several of us (brothers). We were from America, Canada, South Africa, etc. mostly Americans and a couple of us from the states had lineage elsewhere. We were all tight and we looked out for each other and we hooked each other up first and foremost. There were some sistas and we showed love, and they were tight most of the time. Y'all know women. They'll get into some petty ish sometimes. So some were not as close as others but the brothers? We were rock solid. Traveled as a group and white boys knew if you f*cked with one you got the whole group.

Any cultural differences was not only respected but we wanted to learn. The one thing that helps unite from all over? Music. Pretty much everywhere you go hip hop is big. Manila, Moscow, Mombasa, Mexico City. You may have your own music but you grew up with and like hip hop. And as black men, you have another in common: women. But even if one is on something else, you respect it and they respect you and the rest of the fellas in how they live that lifestyle.

It was beautiful. It was what we envisioned on code, black to be but could never achieve it as a community. That experience gives me hope its achievable. Maybe I won't see it.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I've experienced true pan Africanism once. I was in a foreign country and there were only several of us (brothers). We were from America, Canada, South Africa, etc. mostly Americans and a couple of us from the states had lineage elsewhere. We were all tight and we looked out for each other and we hooked each other up first and foremost. There were some sistas and we showed love, and they were tight most of the time. Y'all know women. They'll get into some petty ish sometimes. So some were not as close as others but the brothers? We were rock solid. Traveled as a group and white boys knew if you f*cked with one you got the whole group.

Any cultural differences was not only respected but we wanted to learn. The one thing that helps unite from all over? Music. Pretty much everywhere you go hip hop is big. Manila, Moscow, Mombasa, Mexico City. You may have your own music but you grew up with and like hip hop. And as black men, you have another in common: women. But even if one is on something else, you respect it and they respect you and the rest of the fellas in how they live that lifestyle.

It was beautiful. It was what we envisioned on code, black to be but could never achieve it as a community. That experience gives me hope its achievable. Maybe I won't see it.
    You've already seen it ......it works. Respect!✊🏿

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It worked in that place and time because, there were (mostly American) white gatekeepers locally who were hating and second, we were all we had.

But it was rare, didn't really see it again in my travels abroad.
    What you just explained is exactly why the immigrant groups stick together in the USA. They are in a foreign land often coming from war torn countries and they stick together. When y’all got in a foreign land y’all stuck together because there was an ideological commonality y’all shared.

Even Freedman, ADOS, FBA would do the same thing in a lot of cases. You can put them in a hostile country and put a die hard FBA with 5 die hard Nigerians and I bet in most cases they will work together.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    I agree with an asterisk. It depends to a large degree on WHERE they came from and WHEN they came. and WHERE in America they lived. I don't know the percentage that isn't trying to ride with black Americans but whatever it is, is too high.

I was fortunate to grow up in an area where black is black. Of course there were differences but it was interesting, not a negative. In school we considered all our histories shared history. We proudly argued that the Egyptians were black, how blacks in Haiti and Jamaica freed themselves as well as how blacks in America revolted and fought. Is that the norm? No, not in some places. In some places it is. It's case by case and even member of family by member of family. I got coon relatives and B1 relatives. Just like most black people. All of us aren't going to make it or come along. But to this day we are all tight from my days back in the day. All of us faced the same racist cops, racist teachers, etc. That bonds you. We weren't as diversified as we were overseas but we had non FBAs there, in an overwhelming FBA area. That's not uncommon. There are tons of places where all the blacks stick together.

Godfrey is of Nigerian descent and when Vlad tried to push buttons and tell him Tariq (who he knows I think) said this and that about Nigerians, Godfrey was like 'Yeah, he's right'. And he himself says some of his Nigerian family members back in Nigeria don't regard him as a 'real' Nigerian. And Godfrey is a rider. He dropped Vlad when he wouldn't apologize about his remarks on Farrakhan. Vlad got him a lot of visibility. Just one example. We can be wary about a group if they got too many coons but gotta take people on an individual basis or we are doing exactly what other groups are doing and labeling everyone.

If a brotha tells me he's a Republican, my first instinct is 'sell out', but I have met a few, not many who can't stand Trump and the party but ideologically believes in governments not spending too much financially, socially conservative, etc. and embrace their black culture.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    It worked in that place and time because, there were (mostly American) white gatekeepers locally who were hating and second, we were all we had.

But it was rare, didn't really see it again in my travels abroad.
    You should get around more it happens here in Amerikkka too(6 zeros platform is an example) it's happening as we speak it's a matter of finding like minded to build with, all of those white people that stormed the capital didn't agree on philosophy/ideology but they got on code when the time came whether their actions were dumb or not and by the way they are at war with people who look like them what's the difference between Russia and Ukraine? Philosophy and ideology but both groups hate Black people.....on the strength of their whiteness. We can and are starting to do the same and unfortunately their are those amongst us who will fight against us but we'll need to get those folks out of the paint to move forward.

Jay
    Jay
    what's the difference between Russia and Ukraine? Philosophy and ideology but both groups hate Black people.....

mjlolLet us go over there and try to pick sides. They'll stomp our ass out together and then start fighting each other again.
    • Mad Props
    Reactions: ZxBro
    RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Totally agree, I lived it. Everywhere I have lived, I found black friends and we moved as one. But I have that personality and we look for like minded folks. Just like 000000.net. We are all like minded about fighting white supremacy and pro black empowerment hence you can have British brothers, and others of Caribbean or African descent along with FBA and on the same page. We argue minor ish on here but I can't think of anyone's post that I've read that said they weren't pro black and pro ALL blacks.
    • Mad Props
    Reactions: ZxBro