Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Biden signs PACT Act for Veteran support

zBucks
A good start! This bill helps soldiers who were tasked with burning waste, including harmful chemicals and other garbage. In turn, veterans who did this type of work, often got sick with cancers and other diseases. I think I remember Jon Stewart of all people fighting for this cause years ago, the fact it took this long is messed up.

I have family that served in the military, and I hate that there are some people out there who can't get the support they need to combat illnesses they got from serving overseas in a warzone. The fact that soldiers put their lives on the line and then come home and can't get good health care is confusing to me. They served this country, the least they can do is give them health care on the government.

Source - Biden signs PACT Act, delivering help for veterans exposed to toxic ‘burn pits.’ It’s a personal win, too.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is good but these bills are often stuffed with other crap that has nothing to do with what the bill is titled as. That is the crap I am sick of. We need to hold these people accountable because they slip nonsense in that benefits them into every bill and pass laws without us even knowing about it. They make the bills so damn long no one has time to read them.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Why can't our government just support the troops with anything they need? At least when it comes to medical needs, financial support etc. If I was in the military and was expected to put my life on the line for my country, why too can't they then support me in the future?

This is a good step, but there's a lot more they could do to help veterans. I think there are still people dealing with the effects of war and they aren't getting the support they need.

But, they'll find a way to waste time and not help, that's how our government works.

This is good but these bills are often stuffed with other crap that has nothing to do with what the bill is titled as. That is the crap I am sick of. We need to hold these people accountable because they slip nonsense in that benefits them into every bill and pass laws without us even knowing about it. They make the bills so damn long no one has time to read them.
    True, they always are stuffed with nonsense. At least with this bill, it looks legit for those who it's made for. I think they can do so much more to help though.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    True, they always are stuffed with nonsense. At least with this bill, it looks legit for those who it's made for. I think they can do so much more to help though.
    I said this for years, if you serve for the country, you should get free medical healthcare for life. No questions asked. You are covered for life. There is no reason why these men and women should have to suffer after they have served.