Roparker71

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I've seen this video... there's some truth to it... during the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade, only about 5 to 7 percent of the captured Africans were dropped off in the United States... the majority of the slaves were dropped of in The Caribbean and Central & South America so most of the slaves here in the United States were people that were already here... this is well documented... there a few books that talk about this. One of the most informative ones in "The First Americans Were Africans" by Dr. David Imhotep... another one is "Black People Are Indigenous To The Americas" by Kimberly Norton... yet another book is "Black Indians" by William Katz... and last (but not least) "They Came Before Columbus" by Dr. Ivan Van Sertima...

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The problem I have with the argument is when they try to disconnect us from Africa. Like Roparker71 posted...there are books that document that Africans came here before Europeans and traded with the natives. The Washitaw Nation in Southeastern US says they trace back to Africans that came here from West Africa. The whole "we have no connection to Africa" at all argument is far fetched to me. Most people that push the narrative either have to twist a word in a document or resort to anecdotal evidence "My mama was Cherokee".

Many of us can put a Senator Style outfit like the Nigerian brother in this picture and you wouldn't be able to tell us apart until we spoke or you you seen the Black American strut. It may hurt some people's feelings but WE LOOK JUST LIKE WEST AFRICANS. Our muscular build, our hair, our rhythm, our drum culture...I get the need to check tethers but when I look in the mirror I don't see a Native of the USA or an American...I see an African man. Culturally I'm Black American but my genetics look JUST LIKE some people I've seen from Ghana, Nigeria, and Senegal.

Senator-Native-Wear-Designs-1.jpg

Homie look like Bobby Brown but we aren't African. Nah...we got here on ships...some we commissioned and sailed ourselves and in others by force.

Last edited:

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    The original natives looked like they could pass as Africans so.....thoughts?

I am torn on the issue for the simple fact that the people who we call Native Americans have an expansive culture that spreads from Alaska all the way to South America. You essentially have to erase the fact that the “red indian” is present all over the Americas to make the narrative work which is a b it much for me.

Roparker71

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The problem I have with the argument is when they try to disconnect us from Africa. Like Roparker71 posted...there are books that document that Africans came here before Europeans and traded with the natives. The Washitaw Nation in Southeastern US says they trace back to Africans that came here from West Africa. The whole "we have no connection to Africa" at all argument is far fetched to me. Most people that push the narrative either have to twist a word in a document or resort to anecdotal evidence "My mama was Cherokee".

Many of us can put a Senator Style outfit like the Nigerian brother in this picture and you wouldn't be able to tell us apart until we spoke or you you seen the Black American strut. It may hurt some people's feelings but WE LOOK JUST LIKE WEST AFRICANS. Our muscular build, our hair, our rhythm, our drum culture...I get the need to check tethers but when I look in the mirror I don't see a Native of the USA or an American...I see an African man. Culturally I'm Black American but my genetics look JUST LIKE some people I've seen from Ghana, Nigeria, and Senegal.

View attachment 6134

Homie look like Bobby Brown but we aren't African. Nah...we got here on ships...some we commissioned and sailed ourselves and in others by force.
    I agree

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Definitely black looking natives were re-classified as 'Negro' back in the day. I had an uncle (now deceased) who was from Tulsa, his parents survived the massacre. He's a quarter Cherokee on his Mom's side. The Cherokee peoples could pass.

What most people don't know, the media doesn't talk about and the swirlers keep quiet about is that the Loving vs Virginia case that ended interracial marriage as illegal nationally, the woman was a native American re-classified as black.

The movie portrayed Mildred as black and Richard as white. “I know during those times there were only two colors, white and black, but she was Native-American. Both her parents were Native-American,” Loving said. The puzzle of Mildred Loving's heritage is deeply rooted in Virginia's complex racial history.

Anyway, that said, and although "only" an estimated 500,000 of the 20 million came to America as slaves, we were bred like cattle once here. There were an estimated 2 million ex slaves at the end of the civil war. I'm surprised it was that low. Why? Slaves were forced to breed. Not only that, the British ended the trans-Atlantic slave trade arbitrarily around 1809 or so. They actually had ships off the coast at the slave ports and other areas.

Anyway, because of this a whole new industry started in America: breeding farms. Especially in Maryland and Virginia. This replaced the transatlantic blockade. And it produced more slaves than if they came to Africa. Far more, safer, economical and strategic to breed blacks on a farm or plantation, than having to bring them in weeks on a ship, where some could die, etc.

I also see this "I'm Cherokee' thing by some, not all, but some folks as not trying to be seen as the rest of us. Basically trying to separate culturally so they can 'escape' racism and be treated differently (better or special) by whites.

MisterAlston

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I will just say this based on genealogy and not a DNA test. I can tell you on my paternal side my dad's mother was Cherokee from Etowah Alabama his dad is Saponi from North Carolina. My maternal side: my grandmother is registered as Coharie in NC while also tracing lineage to the Fulani people of Senegal. My mom's grandfather was also registered Coharie from NC. So called negroids have touched every land mass first single leaving Africa. The indigenous people globally are black that is a fact. It is okay for us to have opinions but our truths are our truths. I am a child of Africa and the USA.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Definitely black looking natives were re-classified as 'Negro' back in the day. I had an uncle (now deceased) who was from Tulsa, his parents survived the massacre. He's a quarter Cherokee on his Mom's side. The Cherokee peoples could pass.
    Yes but where did they come from?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Yes but where did they come from?
    We all know there were Black 'looking' people before Columbus and that Africans traded with them and some stayed.

Columbus' lead ship was captained by a straight out black person, Moor. Why was he in the lead ship? Because he was the only one who knew how the F to get there.

Not even tryna get white people in that discussion. They will lie and obfuscate anyway, the problem is that knowledge being common among the rest of us.