Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Chris Rock is under fire for joking about the murder of Nicole Brown Simpson in relation to his altercation with Will Smith at the Oscars earlier this year.

During the Phoenix, Arizona, leg of his stand-up tour over the weekend, Rock revealed that the Academy had approached him to host the Oscars next year, which he declined. The Academy declined to comment when approached by The Independent.

Rock told his audience that returning to the awards ceremony would be like asking Nicole Brown Simpson “to go back to the restaurant”.

Brown Simpson was murdered after leaving her glasses at a restaurant in 1995. Both she and 25-year-old restaurant waiter Ron Goldman were found stabbed to death outside her home in Brentwood, Los Angeles.

Her ex-husband, former professional American football player OJ Simpson, was accused of both killings but later acquitted of all charges. In a civil lawsuit in 1997, he was found liable for both deaths and paid $33.5 million in damages to the Goldmans.

After news of Rock’s Oscars refusal was picked up by news outlets, many took issue with his joke about Brown Simpson’s death.

“The more Chris Rock talks, the more you begin to see why Will Smith smacked fire outta him,” one tweet with 16,000 likes read.
    Source: Chris Rock criticised for comparing Will Smith slap to Nicole Brown Simpson murder: ‘Truly tasteless’

Now I am the type of person to look at what he says and does and say "he is a comedian, that is his job" but a lot of people are losing it over this.

I want to see what you all think about this. I have always liked Chris Rock and think that people these days have shifted. It used to be those white, middle-class soccer moms complaining about comedians and saying they are offended but now it is rich and wealthy white women complaining.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    White folks looking for any reason. What I have found is when it comes to blacks. Once we as a collective back our own, white folks can't cancel them.

Case in point. Michael Jackson
    They are still trying that on MJ ever to this day and I get so pissed when I hear them talking about it.

I think a lot of jews hate black comedians cause they do it better too. Like most comedians these days are jewish but a lot of the big names are black. They probably can't stand that. Either way, they will just keep coming for our talent and art. If they can't control us, they want us gone.