Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Do you think China will make moves on Taiwan?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    It seems like Taiwan has been in limbo for some years now with China looking to take them over.

I saw older news stories from back in 2015 where they were attempting moves but I think KKKillary losing the election in 2016 ruined their plans. I know the Clintons have the CCP in their back pockets.

With everything happening right now, all the BS in Ukraine and countries all being focused on that and struggling with their own economies, it seems like China is just waiting for the right moment to take that land.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It seems like Taiwan has been in limbo for some years now with China looking to take them over.

I saw older news stories from back in 2015 where they were attempting moves but I think KKKillary losing the election in 2016 ruined their plans. I know the Clintons have the CCP in their back pockets.

With everything happening right now, all the BS in Ukraine and countries all being focused on that and struggling with their own economies, it seems like China is just waiting for the right moment to take that land.
    Well conventional wisdom suggests that it is inevitable. Question is: What gesture by any given administration will speed up the process or on the other hand slow the progression of Chinese Rule in Taiwan.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Well conventional wisdom suggests that it is inevitable. Question is: What gesture by any given administration will speed up the process or on the other hand slow the progression of Chinese Rule in Taiwan.
    Yep, I think its a given. In the past, America was willing to defend Taiwan if they were ever attacked. Not anymore. China wants Taiwan way more than America is willing to defend it. America don't want that smoke.

It will happen sooner or later. It will likely be a bit like Hong Kong but its way different than Hong Kong's relation to the mainland. Its far more antogonistic. China has also learned a thing or two of how to assume and keep control from their experience in Hong Kong and Macau.

It will happen though. It's just a matter of when not if.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Most likely. China has been acting like a malignant cancer metastasizing its bile culture on smaller vulnerable countries. Just look at how it stripped African and Caribbean countries of their indigenous culture!
    In no small part because the blacks in those countries let it happen.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    To some extent but when you have corrupt and or incompetent leaders it's no mean feat to resist influence.
    ...leaders that the very people elect directly. I attribute it to tribalism. People vote in many if not most African countries along tribal lines for candidates. The person who gets elected puts his own tribal members in administrative positions with very little regard to competence. Furthermore the bureaucracy is low paid so bribes are accepted to augment their wages.

It's a cycle that keeps repeating itself. Nigeria is particularly bad. It's unfunctionable. The Ibo, Yoruba, Hausa-Fulani will not work together.

You know what 'might' save Africa? Seeing American blacks get tangibles from the US government and they will feel a need not to be left out. They 'might' mind you 'might' work together purely out of envy.

The way how a once poor Korea, China, and post WW2 Germany, Belgium, etc, got out of poverty was to put massive spending into infrastructure. Yes, Germany got the bag from America via the Marshall Plan but they also used the monies wisely. All the aforementioned used infrastructure to move their unskilled and low skilled masses out of poverty. They paid a liveable wage. Those monies went right back into the economy to build houses, they could get married on that wage and raise a family. The money was recycled back into the economy. The roads, rails, bridges and tunnels in turn made it easier to move goods and people across the country thereby facilitating intra-nation trade between cities.

Africa hasn't learned that nor will it. And this is going to sound a bit insane, but I'd advise African countries to put just 1 million into bitcoin and let it sit for 5-10 years. They can easily afford equivalent of 1 million. Had they done that 5 years ago they'd be able to self finance projects. But I digress.

Going back to China and Taiwan. It will happen. China believes Taiwan is part of them. They believe that to their core. Remember, Taiwan was the remnance of the old governent. The Chinese have very long memories and long term plans. Making Taiwan part of China will restore a lot of its pride as it did with Hong Kong. They lost Hong Kong originally with shame.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    We've seen this play out before. I thought this made for interesting viewing:
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAELMbpe3Fs

The Belt and Road Initiative that CCP are using does not appear to be benign. The "belt" is being used to strangle smaller countries, and the "road" is for them to run through them. I cannot see how China won't invade Taiwan. The way I see it, they maybe waiting for the end game to Russia/Ukraine before making any significant moves.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    You know what 'might' save Africa? Seeing American blacks get tangibles from the US government

I'd advise African countries to put just 1 million into bitcoin and let it sit for 5-10 years. They can easily afford equivalent of 1 million. Had they done that 5 years ago they'd be able to self finance projects.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Savvy analysis! 👍🏿
    I can envisage African nations being incentivised by FBAs receiving cash reparations but them coalescing without tribal rivalry to that aim -nah, can't see it. Too much ignorance, hubris and competitive GREED is their Achilles heel.
    As for the 1 million bitcoin bipartisan investment -nah, can't see that happening either. Great idea though!
    They'd squabble and foment mistrust over equity or some minutia then squander the return on investment on personal materialism and palatial homes and not give a shit about infrastructure or job creation.
    Forget about the 5 -10 year period of investment -they'd want instant gratification assuming they don't conspire to bump each other off in the interim! 😂😂 yeah, just don't call me a cynic 😂😂😂
    It's a harsh critique of our African bredren but their governance track record and business practises are stereotypical.
    I'd love to see them succeed in my lifetime! 👍🏿👊🏿

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose

The Belt and Road Initiative that CCP are using does not appear to be benign. The "belt" is being used to strangle smaller countries, and the "road" is for them to run through them. I cannot see how China won't invade Taiwan. The way I see it, they maybe waiting for the end game to Russia/Ukraine before making any significant moves.
    You guys are well savvy regarding global affairs 👍🏿👊🏿

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose

You guys are well savvy regarding global affairs 👍🏿👊🏿

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I believe that China is capable of doing that and they have shown how determined they can be. Look at how strong they came out after the pandemic of coronavirus kicked off from them. It seems as if they never suffered from the pandemic now while the rest of the world still struggle in one way or another.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I respectfully disagree. American blacks get a bag and start making moves like what happened the first couple generations after slavery and I think the Caribbean and some of the African countries will put aside internal differences. Not all but a few and it will be a domino effect.
    Rwanda today is popping. They reached their lowest and have now been on their business tip. Anyway, black American culture is the world's most dominant culture hands down. Globally, I'd love to hear of any other culture that dominates people under 30 than black American culture, music, slang, etc.

If anyone can name another culture with more influence, I'd love to hear it. I've been fortunate to do a fair amount of international travel. Hip hop, yo whatsup, etc, is global...Asia, South America, Europe, Africa, everywhere. Every country young people rapping about their local plight, etc. EVERY ONE. It may not be all of the young people as it varies, but they all have people rapping, breaking, using the slang. Again, no other culture has that influence.

And therein lies black America on a come up, influencing blacks and melanated people globally. Influence where they want to emulate out of love or envy, but emulate nonetheless and the UK and France and to some extent the Dutch are scared AF at the bag they are gonna have to cough up.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Russia declared they support China 100% on the takeover.

So I guess this is very likely to happen. The US announced they are building a chip plant, a massive one, last year. I think it is going to be somewhere in or near Columbus, Ohio. So I think they were planning for it to happen.

The US cannot afford to get involved though. Our military is already in short supply because of that alphabetic nonsense, they made joining very unappealing and people see how vets get treated and want nothing to do with it.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    China is taking Taiwan back rain, sleet, or snow. The days of the USA bullying countries is over. I believe the fight over Ukraine is the precursor to the fall of American dominance but when Taiwan is taken back it'll be thee definitive move. The USA's grasp on the globe is going to be a slow decline.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    I believe that China is capable of doing that and they have shown how determined they can be. Look at how strong they came out after the pandemic of coronavirus kicked off from them. It seems as if they never suffered from the pandemic now while the rest of the world still struggle in one way or another.
    That's because they planned it!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    A friend of mine was saying the PLANdemic was meant to happen in 2018 under KKKillary but she lost so it had to be pushed back and they intended on doing it under the next president but couldn't wait which is why it happened in 2020. She said it was all part of the great reset plans. China needs Tawain for resources, same with Russia needing Ukraine. Everything is meshed together and there are puppets at the head table pulling all the strings.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    We may be heading into WW3. Scary times.
    There's so much evil and evildoers on this planet that other groups think they should have full ownership of and control -except us! Too many of us think we're only here to serve and prop up their economies by being exemplary consumers

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There's so much evil and evildoers on this planet that other groups think they should have full ownership of and control -except us! Too many of us think we're only here to serve and prop up their economies by being exemplary consumers
    It’s scary to think that people are comfortable with us never being in a leadership position. They believe as long as they have a hot and a cot whoever is leading doesn’t matter.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    If we do head into a world war, you think Russia would side with China or no?

They have not sided the other way in the past but I have to wonder, what about now. If they team up with China, they can cause a lot of issues.
    Each will act according to their best interest. If a coalition is beneficial to both sides then they will up to when it's no longer necessary and revert to competitor mode, respectively, and not necessarily mutual either. Both are global bullies!

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

They have not sided the other way in the past but I have to wonder, what about now. If they team up with China, they can cause a lot of issues.
    At least 1 online pundit reported that Russia is presently adopting a supportive role in the Fallout due to Pelosi’s visit.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin

They’ll be on whatever side that is against the USA.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    China will get Taiwan eventually. As I said, they want it more than the U.S. is willing to defend Taiwan militarily. America will do the boycott thing which won't work.

China is already using the sea in Asia as its own version of the 'Monroe Doctrine'. They have literally stolen sovereign sea from Philippines, Vietnam and others. Some of these places are way, way out of their area. They built man made islands in these areas that are in part military posts.

Some think tanks have dubbed this 'China's century'. The only thing that can stop China are all internal. First, in the next global crash, it remains to be seen if they will be able to recover enough to retain or even gain power. They are sitting on the biggest housing bubble in human history. It's popping now. In the beginning stages. 2. The people revolt. Southern China has always felt slighted by the north. The government is north (Beijing, Shanghai, etc.). The south has grown immensely, Shenjen for example, but they feel slighted. China has many dialects where one region barely understands the other. The area near Hong Kong can not be understood by the north at all because its Cantonese and the north is Mandarin. Completely different. Imagine someone with a very hard Glasgow, Scotland or Newcastle, NE England, "Geordie" accent trying to have a convo with someone from small town Mississippi? Now multiply that 3 times.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    China will get Taiwan eventually. As I said, they want it more than the U.S. is willing to defend Taiwan militarily. America will do the boycott thing which won't work.

China is already using the sea in Asia as its own version of the 'Monroe Doctrine'. They have literally stolen sovereign sea from Philippines, Vietnam and others. Some of these places are way, way out of their area. They built man made islands in these areas that are in part military posts.

Some think tanks have dubbed this 'China's century'. The only thing that can stop China are all internal. First, in the next global crash, it remains to be seen if they will be able to recover enough to retain or even gain power. They are sitting on the biggest housing bubble in human history. It's popping now. In the beginning stages. 2. The people revolt. Southern China has always felt slighted by the north. The government is north (Beijing, Shanghai, etc.). The south has grown immensely, Shenjen for example, but they feel slighted. China has many dialects where one region barely understands the other. The area near Hong Kong can not be understood by the north at all because its Cantonese and the north is Mandarin. Completely different. Imagine someone with a very hard Glasgow, Scotland or Newcastle, NE England, "Geordie" accent trying to have a convo with someone from small town Mississippi? Now multiply that 3 times.
    The thing with bullies is that they all have a best before date.