Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Only Time will tell if he can bring the networks back to prominence......I'll just say congratulations to the Brother.

View attachment 7902
..... ..... ....... I remain optimistic about the situation. I hope that we will bring back thought provoking black media content such as 106 and Park 🤓 but I don't pay for "TV" or any subscription platforms. I believe merchants pushing their products SHOULD pay for marketing to masses/audiences. Because BET isn't included in BASIC cable or dish it's a added like $10 per month ...

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I am hoping for the best but I'm not as optimistic. I am very, very proud of the brother to have attained what he has so far.

Kudos. That said, and maybe things have changed but he's a prolific writer who does most of the writing for his projects. No way he can run a major studio and two networks successfully and still do a lot of writing. He'll need someone very competent to do the operations if he still wants to write and produce and direct.

He's also has a rep for not being able to work with other big names in media. He was working with Oprah on OWN and that didn't work ouit.

What made SKG work is Spielberg was free to develop projects on the content side while the others took care of the actual day to day running and the nuts and bolts.

I'm also hoping he diversifies into subjects and projects than the usual stuff he puts out. I'd love for example he made a deal with TBA and Tariq to show their movies and perhaps even funds future projects for them or others.

I just pray he's not going to go the Grio/The Root route with serious news. I am hoping BET News won't be a de facto Democratic platform and he keeps people like Cyn G off the network.

You can still be entertaining and a success and still serve the community with some realness, that's desperately needed.

ART

Royal Sixer
Community Host
Content Contributor
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I don't understand why any Black person continues to be hopeful and optimistic about this news, especially considering Tyler Perry's control freak nature, how he oversaturates the Black entertainment market with mostly mediocre to sloppy writing and work, and how he and his stereotypical content with minstrel overtones are viewed as mostly non-threatening by TPTB and those running Hollywood. History indicates that little to no positive changes will be seen on BET with this new ownership deal.