Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
If my theory is correct this is one of if not the last elections that black people have to utilize the vote to make a difference for our community. What I mean by that is this is the election that we must let it be known that our votes aren't free. We aren't just going to show up and vote for the Democrats without anything on the table for us.

I honestly would prefer if people did a protest vote but I understand if they just can't do that. I get it if people just can't find it in their heart to do so. At the minimum a sit out would be okay.

If we can show the Democratic and Republican party that we are serious about voting strategically and that we aren't just going to show up like brainwashed zombies and vote Democrat down ballot then in 2024 we could possibly get something on the table to garner our vote.

However if we just show up in high numbers and vote Democrat then the Democrats will know that in 2024 they can expect the same and they don't have to offer anything. This will be especially true if Trump runs in 2024 because people will be triggered to vote due to his racist rhetoric!

My prediction is that the majority of black people are going to show up and vote blue no matter who. Our voices will not be heard and nothing will be offered in 2024. If this happens then sure a few more people may wake up in 2026 and 2028. Will it be enough to make a difference? That is to be seen but likely not.

By 2030 our vote will have became such a low and insignificant portion of the populace that it won't really matter who we turn out for anyways.

If black people don't get it together in 2022 then I think we are politically doomed!

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    The thing we have to be mindful of is the fact that the mainstream narrative will also frame things to their benefit. If 2 years ago there were 30M Black voters and this year it is 28M it means that our side is chipping away slowly but surely. They’ll get on the news and say:

”28M Black people came out and voted, 27M resoundingly for the Democrats”

They’ll frame it as a W but in reality it’s an L as they saw a decline. So we have to be careful how we absorb any numbers or participation rates we see coming out of the midterms.