The Thunderdome

Everything about your favorite sports and teams.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Is boxing more popular than ever?

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Sadly I hate to say it, but it seems like the Jake and Logan Paul has brought boxing back. Before them, it wasn't doing much of anything. Yeah we had Mayweather vs McGregor, but I feel like ever since these annoying Paul brothers came to the picture, boxing has gained so much popularity.

I hate these guys, but I gotta admit, without them, I feel like boxing wouldn't be this mainstream like it used to be.

But, I think it's also because people want to see these guys knocked out, and I think that's partly fueling the popularity these days.

Do you think Boxing is back? Or is it just a quick comeback before it's forgotten again?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think saying the Paul brothers are saving it is discounting the PBC. The biggest issue Boxing has is that it is decentralized and so the Champion can duck the #1 Contender.

shit like manny ducking mayweather cuz he was afraid of needles but has tattoos would never happen in the UFC.

this often stops the best matchups from happening which makes it less exciting.

ontop of that, the decentralized nature stops there from being a centralized farming system like the D-League, MiLB, NCAAFB…which effects talent pipelines

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    PBC has been very instrumental in the boxing resurgence. Saturday night fights were a staple of the past, and have become popular again during the pandemic.
    Also, like @Banks said, celebrities like Snoop Dogg, the Paul brothers, etc. have brought their fanbases to the sport.
    This is a great time to be a fan of the sweet science!

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    PBC has been very instrumental in the boxing resurgence. Saturday night fights were a staple of the past, and have become popular again during the pandemic.
    Also, like @Banks said, celebrities like Snoop Dogg, the Paul brothers, etc. have brought their fanbases to the sport.
    This is a great time to be a fan of the sweet science!
    Snoop Dogg’s commentary on that Tyson fight was hilarious, seeing a brotha commentate the fight as a brotha brought a whole dimension to it.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hate that the paul brothers are in any talks revolving around boxing, but it's the world we live in. Anyway, I feel like it has become a bit more popular since these two got involved. I know the PBC has done a lot as well, but I feel like I see more and more stories about Thriller, the paul brothers, and retired fighters making a comeback.

I'm just glad boxing is back, even if it's becoming filled up by influencers, celebs and old timers.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Snoop Dogg’s commentary on that Tyson fight was hilarious, seeing a brotha commentate the fight as a brotha brought a whole dimension to it.
    I loved Snoop's commentary. I like the serious analysts, but Snoop made it feel like we were at a fight party. He made the event fun!

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    Since exhibition fights are so popular now, I'd like to see Mike Tyson dismantle one of the Paul brothers.
    Tyson would most definitely would decommission the Paul gravy train for that reason I think they will avoid him and any other professional Boxer. They‘ll probably continue the side show with a bout against the 1,2,3 Kid.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Tyson would most definitely would decommission the Paul gravy train for that reason I think they will avoid him and any other professional Boxer. They‘ll probably continue the side show with a bout against the 1,2,3 Kid.
    I don't even need them to have a match, I just want one of the Paul brothers to try snatching Iron Mike's hat at the press conference.
    I'd love to see Mike hit one of those bamas with the super Ogun deluxe combo!