Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The recent events, with #KyrieIrving being persecuted for posting a link to a film he saw on #Amazon, and the young black football player murdering his ex-#UniversityOfVirginia teammates, has made me realize just how shallow, selfish, heartless, stupid & mercenary American society is.
It (we) tells its #entertainers, ‘Keep me constantly entertained and amused, and the better you’re able to do so, the more money & adoration you will get from me!’
’But DON’T YOU DARE try to think , or try to make sense of the world & the system, or not be constantly strong, happy, grateful, & obedient, or we will attack you, belittle you, ridicule you, ostracize you, impoverish you, & PUT YOU IN YOUR PLACE.’

To have your, and your family’s, quality of life dependent on how well you can run, jump, dribble, catch, tackle, hit, dance, sing, play an instrument, make people laugh, pretend to be other people, compared to millions of others who are trying to do the same, has to be some incredibly stressful, mindfuking pressure.
The fact that despite the attempted humiliation & lynching of Kyrie, and the murders of those 3 young men, not A SINGLE GAME HAS BEEN BOYCOTTED OR CANCELLED, tells me everything I need to know about what American society really values. And it ain’t human life, especially Black life.
#TurnOffTheScreens

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
There is very little incentive to be a so called woke athlete because your own people don't ride as much as they should.
Marshawn Lynch, hood brother, Oakland I think. Very smart with his money. At the time when he was with Seattle, he saved his whole NFL salary (79 million in total at the time) and lived off his endorsements, part of which was his own (Beast Mode). He hated interviews and the NFL forced people to have them. He would regularly holla at black reporters by saying 'What's up African'.

He should have been the most supported athlete by brothers in the NFL. Brothers liked him, respected him but he should have been much bigger.

It took us too long to come to Kyrie's back as a collective. Real talk. Brothers all over the country should be wearing Kyrie Irving jerseys as part of a protest. Or whatever. The push back is coming in heavy now but it didn't initially.

Same with Kaepernick. We rode but it wasn't till they took it all from him.

I know LeBron gets heat for not doing enough, but I won't sh*t on him. White boys go hard on him and try to be slick. If you see any FB discussion there is a common theme by any one white making a comment "Never the GOAT", "Crybaby" etc, on any thing related to supposedly sports talk about him. I've rarely seen a white guy say anything positive and when you click on to their profile they are Republican AF or just white as vanilla. Can LeBron do more? Of course but his personal life (marriage, money) is a prototype that white folks ain't tryna have be normalized. He's married to his HS sweetheart, one gf and wife, he is the first athlete to become a billionaire WHILE PLAYING. He uses his money for a lot of charity work and invests wisely. White folks are scared AF if that becomes the norm among NBA and NFL athletes. LeBron will have generational wealth. He is far more vocal now than the I don't know who Tamir Rice is. I'm 100 percent sure if he could have that moment back he would.

Charles Barkley, Shaq and the rest are too far gone. But we can still be supportive and protective of the ones who speak out. We don't do that nearly enough.