Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

I had no idea Juul was even capable of paying $430+ million in a settlement. The settlement against them included 34 states, that were all against the way that Juul promoted their vape products. This also limits the way Juul can promote their products.

The suit claims that Juul promoted to underage via launch parties, advertisements using young good looking people, and more. They also liked about the amount of nicotine they included.

But yeah, that's a lot of money to have to pay out. Makes me wonder how much Juul is worth. I looked more into it, and of course part of it is owned by Altria who previously was known as Philip Morris Companies, Inc. Ring any bells? They make Marlboro cigarettes. Figures the tobacco industry hopped on the bandwagon.

Oh and I guess they also bought ad space in Seventeen magazine, and on the Nick Jr. TV network. According to wikipedia. Not looking good.

Stan Zero

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Damn that's a lot of money to have to pay out. Makes sense though if all of what you say is true. Sounds like the usual tactics employed by the tobacco companies.

They’ll be lucky if they stay on business with a settlement that large.
Probably isn't a huge blow to them though. If what I found online is true, they may be worth $25 billion as of this month. Half a billion probably won't hurt them much. But I guess Juul was previously valued at $38 billion back in 2018. So they dropped some.

I think it's because they're still able to sell Juul products because of some temporary hold on blocking sales by the FDA. So the FDA has to wait on that before they can go further with possibly blocking the sale of Juul products outright.

Networth info found here - Juul Net Worth 2022 | Wealthy Persons

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Probably isn't a huge blow to them though. If what I found online is true, they may be worth $25 billion as of this month. Half a billion probably won't hurt them much. But I guess Juul was previously valued at $38 billion back in 2018. So they dropped some
    Yeah but valuation may not be cash flow. But I checked and they have revenue of $1B a year in revenue so if they have healthy margins they should be alright.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Juul should have went with Jewl lol

Either way, this company is a mess. They somehow managed to peddle out products WORSE than cigarettes and they wanted to get kids hooked on them. It was clear as day. I don't know a single adult who ever used Juul but I have seen teens using them.