Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
The Emmet Till Statue went up in the same Mississippi that is still ignoring undrinkable water in Black areas and white welfare theft (because that accusation is reserved to make sure Black people get resented) by someone who has the money and cooperation of authorities to steal much much more than any poor Black person ever could or would ( Not gonna name any names but his initials are Brett Favre).

So more empty symbolism to distract from a lack of real justice.

Unapologetically, the best way to heal this injustice would be the arrest of his false accuser who originally avoided arrest despite a warrant because officials "didn't want to" (you read that right. suddenly the abosolute requirements of their jobs magically became optional suggestions).

If this were a concentration camp guard during the holocaust, even all these years later, they would have hauled his half dead wheezing almost corpse into a courtroom oxygen tank, wheelchair and all.

This racist distraction is a white supremacists taunt to permanently remind us what they did yet pretend to be doing something for us. This is just passive aggressive bragging and gloating pretending to be a justice while the Carolyn Bryants, Bret Favres and Roman Polanskis get a free pass. Emmet-Till-statue.jpeg

Terrymist

Master Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Point Damon GIF by Pose FX

Unapologetically, the best way to heal this injustice would be the arrest of his false accuser who originally avoided arrest despite a warrant because officials "didn't want to" (you read that right. suddenly the abosolute requirements of their jobs magically became optional suggestions).
    Facts. They drag their feet when it comes to justice.
    If this were a concentration camp guard during the holocaust, even all these years later, they would have hauled his half dead wheezing almost corpse into a courtroom oxygen tank, wheelchair and all.
    And this is what being on code looks like. They make sure a price is paid if you harm one of them.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

And this is what being on code looks like. They make sure a price is paid if you harm one of them.

I bet there is some old negros in town praising this statue and how it’s helping the city heal

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I bet there is some old negros in town praising this statue and how it’s helping the city heal
    These old negroes need to realise that the people responsible for Till's murder could have easily turned their attention to them. Would justice for them constitute a statue? More is needed, required, demanded and owed.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    The Emmet Till Statue went up in the same Mississippi that is still ignoring undrinkable water in Black areas and white welfare theft (because that accusation is reserved to make sure Black people get resented) by someone who has the money and cooperation of authorities to steal much much more than any poor Black person ever could or would ( Not gonna name any names but his initials are Brett Favre).

This racist distraction is a white supremacists taunt to permanently remind us what they did yet pretend to be doing something for us. This is just passive aggressive bragging and gloating pretending to be a justice while the Carolyn Bryants, Bret Favres and Roman Polanskis get a free pass. View attachment 4739
    Why haven't ALL these racist confederate statues been taken down yet?
    We've already been dealing with these devils in the flesh all our lives & so have our Ancestors!
    EXODUS can't commence soon enough for me!
    #Doomsday4Demons

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

This racist distraction is a white supremacists taunt to permanently remind us what they did yet pretend to be doing something for us. This is just passive aggressive bragging and gloating pretending to be a justice while the Carolyn Bryants, Bret Favres and Roman Polanskis get a free pass.

Don't forget that Emmett Till movie they're forcefeeding and givng to us as well.

Smearing crap in our faces.

None of this costs anti-Black racists or white supremacy anything.

None of this allows them to give up and surrender their ill-gotten power.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

With white on white crime such as the Holocaust against the Jewish (who were mostly white), they pick and choose when to punish white criminals. They'll punish Nazi soldiers and 1 Harvey Weinstein and give a life sentence to Nikolas Cruz while letting Kyle Rittenhouse, Ethan Couch, Ethan Crumbley, and Brock Turner off the hook. They'll raid Donald Trump's house, talk about how the Jan 6th insurrectionists should be punished, and drag Trump to court just for optics, but they won't put him and most of his criminal followers in prison.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    They allow the streets to be painting black lives matter and allow a George Floyd statue to be put up.

THEY ALLOW THIS. They aren't doing it because they want to make things right. They are doing it to shut us up and sadly, it works for a lot of people.
    Say it with me.

VIRTUE SIGNALING

I bet gentrified, anti-Black racist such as San Francisco, CA and Austin, Texas would do the same, if they haven't already.

When convenient and to make themselves look good and progressive for social brownie points, they will to pretend to care about Black people and Black issues while actually not caring about Black people and our issues at all.

For example, look at how Bernie Sanders and his fans move.
    Look at AOC, Pete Buttigieg, Nancy Pelosi, Gavin Newsom, Elizabeth Warren, Juan Castro, and the rest of them.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Say it with me.

VIRTUE SIGNALING

I bet gentrified, anti-Black racist such as San Francisco, CA and Austin, Texas would do the same, if they haven't already.

When convenient and to make themselves look good and progressive for social brownie points, they will to pretend to care about Black people and Black issues while actually not caring about Black people and our issues at all.

For example, look at how Bernie Sanders and his fans move.
    Look at AOC, Pete Buttigieg, Nancy Pelosi, Gavin Newsom, Elizabeth Warren, Juan Castro, and the rest of them.
    Oh I know. These white liberals are great at it. Malcolm X knew back in the day. It is just a lot worse now cause of social media.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Or its could just be they put up a statue.

Y'all be giving these cacs way too much credit. Take b them off the pedestal.
    You don't think it's insulting that they are putting up a statue of the murdered victim while the pale female behind the murder is still roaming free?

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Maybe the locals asked for it & it's not another diabolical plan from the white people to get over on us
    When are the Jackson, Mississippi residents getting their water crisis repaired though? There has to a bigger demand for that. That and prison time for Carolyn Bryant.

Shoutout13

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Or its could just be they put up a statue.

Y'all be giving these cacs way too much credit. Take b them off the pedestal.
    Very True.
    Could also just be a coincidence that Black people in Missippi are continuing to be overlooked for clean drinking water....still....OOPS!

Could be coincidence the "accidental ongoing stalling" of 3 survivors, each over 100 years old, of the Tulsa Race massacre (aka Black Wall Street) who have already on 2 occaisions given first hand testimony of the after effect of intentionally destroyed generational wealth for themselves as well as for descendants of this known historical event.

Yep. "Accidentally" left at over 100 years old to wait for legitimately owed restitution.
    But surely after one hundred years they have plenty of time to keep waiting. Not like someone is knowingly using their connections and authority to run out the clock.

Could be that the same system that demonizes Black people for "suspicion" of a few dollars overpayment from welfare (and invents terms like "welfare queen" in order to stir up racially suggestive resentment) got distracted and just simply forgot that Brett Favre knowingly misappropriated millions of dollars in funds intended to help the poor in concert with authorities there. But I guess calling that out would be overstepping and making too much of it.... or to use an old school term "be a troublemaker".
    But, I mean you know how it is to forget to prosecute someone for known wrongdoing on an incredibly large scale.

So glad that over the years, when I come across so many "coincidences", there's always someone waiting in the wings to show me how "ridiculous" alll of that is.

Thanks.

Supabrett

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    When are the Jackson, Mississippi residents getting their water crisis repaired though? There has to a bigger demand for that. That and prison time for Carolyn Bryant.
    I'm sure that's being worked on and this statue ain't stopping none of that.

It like y'all think black people are stupid. Like we'd accept a statue over clean water. Kinda coonish bruh

E

educatedman23

This racist distraction is a white supremacists taunt to permanently remind us what they did yet pretend to be doing something for us. This is just passive aggressive bragging and gloating pretending to be a justice while the Carolyn Bryants, Bret Favres and Roman Polanskis get a free pass. View attachment 4739
    The Black folks with the money won't do it because most of them sold out to get their success and won't do anything to jeopardize that success.

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    I am all for there being a statue of Emmett Till, especially if it keeps that story alive. I understand some disagree, but I view it as a good thing. To show the world that this happened and that there is still no end to the story, because the witch that lied and got him killed, is still out there living a free life. Do we know who put the statue up? If it's the family or our black brothers and sisters who put it up, I'm all for it. But if it's something the state set up to make themselves look better, than I can understand the anger around it.

Either way, I still view it as an important part of our history that we can't let people forget, and if a statue helps people remember that, then I can accept that.

Shoutout13

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Don't forget that Emmett Till movie they're forcefeeding and givng to us as well.
    Agreed.

Similar to that there is t
    he movie Harriet.
    Complete revisionist trash.
    Literally snubbed Black American Actresses
    (who would have had a feel for and a vested
    interest in doing justice to portraying our ancestor).
    Instead they installed (as in no auditions) a Black British
    Actress (Cynthia Erivo) for the role in this movie that
    demonizes Black Men with a historically inaccurate
    cocky invented Black male slavecatcher.

Even at one point have him bragging in front of other
    plantation owners organized to catch Harriet that he
    would use his share of the reward money to "buy some
    white women".........

First of all in the deep south unless this is a twilight zone
    episode, you know you wouldn't have a Black slavecatcher
    operating as a freelancer and talking to whites as if they are
    his peers.

Second of all, before he finished the sentence (added I'm sure
    to reinforce Black male stereotypes and hatred), before he would have
    finished saving the words "white woman" in that context, he would have
    been instantly shot dead without anyone protesting or batting an eye.
    The plantation owners draw their guns but hesitate (the mental condition
    of those who casually profitted off our ancestors' suffereing made very
    little allowance for hesitation or mercy when it came to inflicting suffering
    or execution).

They are literally trying to downplay and justify both our past and ongoing
    experiences by revising what should be a reasonable portrayal of events.

That said, I love this site because one of the many focuses we as a people
    need to persue is greater control of how we are represented (including by political
    groups that claim to speak on our behalf but prioritize advocating for everyone
    but us).

This forum is a means to express and collaborate on issues that impact
    us without outsider micromanagement and distractions to stall progress.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I am all for there being a statue of Emmett Till, especially if it keeps that story alive. I understand some disagree, but I view it as a good thing. To show the world that this happened and that there is still no end to the story, because the witch that lied and got him killed, is still out there living a free life. Do we know who put the statue up? If it's the family or our black brothers and sisters who put it up, I'm all for it. But if it's something the state set up to make themselves look better, than I can understand the anger around it.

Either way, I still view it as an important part of our history that we can't let people forget, and if a statue helps people remember that, then I can accept that.
    Some fair points. Fundamentally, the people involved in Till's murder need to be punished. If justice is served and then having the statue , would mean a lot.