Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not voting unless Black American reparations are on the table. Save me the “your ancestors died so you can have the right to vote” nonsense. That term is played out and proven to be false. I have no desire to vote for Black politicians who are looking out for others except Black Americans. If you see a Black politician supporting a study of reparations (H.R. 40) that isn’t plausible. A study is not acceptable. Run those yearly checks and quit playing games.

Attachments

1A0E6C1C-A6FF-40E9-A8A8-D40D9EF186BB.jpeg 17446209-FA01-46CB-8C22-24D46EAFD475.jpeg

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There has to be something tangible.
    As far as reparations I heard a take I hadn't thought about before.
    We often debate about how or what should be given.

Everything. Cash, Free College, Housing benefits, Land, Tax Exemptions, Business Loans and Grants.
    Heck I'll even take the mule too.

You don't negotiate by asking for one thing. You ask for everything and get as much as you can.

Nobody goes to an interview and says I want good pay but don't worry about the benefits or vice versa.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    You know what I think will eventually prove to be the crazy part in all this? That non white people (Asians, especially Latinos, Arabs, I'mma count gays as non white)and as we can see many if not most non FBAs will be against reparations more than white people.

Why do I say that? White people know deep down its the right thing to do. Non white people are gonna feel 1. They have no historical tie to oppressing us (actually not true but...) so they aren't beholden to FBAs and 2. They know they are the buffer class and hell will freeze over if they have less than most Blacks.

I do think that once this starts rolling it can't be stopped. No black American movement that reaches a critical mass point of blacks can ever be denied. The civil rights era taught us that. We don't fully recognize how fast we changed shit. What most people thought would be 100 years (ending Jim Crow) happened in 10 years.

And this will be much easier in relation to ending Jim Crow.

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not voting unless Black American reparations are on the table. Save me the “your ancestors died so you can have the right to vote” nonsense. That term is played out and proven to be false. I have no desire to vote for Black politicians who are looking out for others except Black Americans. If you see a Black politician supporting a study of reparations (H.R. 40) that isn’t plausible. A study is not acceptable. Run those yearly checks and quit playing games.
    At this point, At THIS POINT, in the Election Cycle & being honest about the outcome of the last election, I am observing a more sophisticated approach regarding NO TANGIBLES, NO VOTE. Democrats, with few exceptions, are overwhelmingly in support of Open Borders, while Most Republicans are in favor of attempting to make the borders impenetrable, limited immigration, etc., so a more sophisticated approach or stance regarding NO TANGIBLE, NO VOTE means that I am focusing on policy or lack thereof. So knowing that Republicans are more passionate about border issues than Democrats, with few exceptions(Barbara Jordan RIP) means for those us who feel the same way, and there are many, that we will more often than not be voting AT THIS POINT in the election cycle for a Republican. So in this way I am employing The strategy in a much more effective manner. And finally as I fully appreciate what a Tangible looks & feels like I know that when I do vote on Nov 8 for the Anti-Immigration Candidate it will be an attempt to regain a Tangible that was lost. Yes all government & academic studies deduce that ANY immigration hurts FBAs. So we had a tangible in the form of some type of immigration controls. We gave away a Tangible attempting to employ a very good strategy that was not very well thought out or entertained in a sophisticated manner. We gave away tangibles & now a very hostile group(Latinos) are using the very tangible that we lost as way to abuse us and many prominent Black residents