Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Oh Hell No😡 Eighth Graders At LeBron James’ I Promise School Haven’t Passed A Single Math Test In Three Years, School Responds

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    D

Deleted member 191

They've had problems ever since they fired the original principal Brandi Davis.
    She resigned because she popped a kid in the mouth for using profanity. The mom, instead of acknowledging that her kid shouldn't be using that kind of language, decided to "be appalled". So the principal resigned. She was loved by everyone, the teachers and other faculty, the students, the parents.

Permanent teachers and other assistant staff started to leave because they supported her. Parents took their kids out of the school. And the rest is history. Most here in NE Ohio feel like they COULD have simply suspended her for the rest of the year without pay or something. Especially since, school officials statewide suspend suspected pedophiles WITH pay in situations at other schools and that act is far more egregious and sinister than her popping a kid in the mouth for bad language. But, it is what it is.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    She resigned because she popped a kid in the mouth for using profanity. The mom, instead of acknowledging that her kid shouldn't be using that kind of language, decided to "be appalled". So the principal resigned. She was loved by everyone, the teachers and other faculty, the students, the parents.

Permanent teachers and other assistant staff started to leave because they supported her. Parents took their kids out of the school. And the rest is history. Most here in NE Ohio feel like they COULD have simply suspended her for the rest of the year without pay or something. Especially since, school officials statewide suspend suspected pedophiles WITH pay in situations at other schools and that act is far more egregious and sinister than her popping a kid in the mouth for bad language. But, it is what it is.
    The principal was wrong but it should have never made it to the media.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
    Super Moderator
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Ms. Davis should've never been forced out.
    If the mom had given that kid a smack in the mouth at home, then the child wouldn't have been cussing at school in the first place.
    Before anybody jumps in my mentions, I AM NOT ADVOCATING CHILD ABUSE. However, I am a firm believer in discipline; and an earned spanking can be the difference between a child going to jail or going to Yale.

GwynShivers
    GwynShivers
    The kid probably always heard the Mom speaking that way from the beginning & probably didn't even know it was wrong.
    #CopyingTheHoodratMother
    H
    HailCzr85
    I lean more in alignment with this too, Rollie Forbes . I don't advocate for abuse either, but as you said, if this behavior wasn't already being tolerated at home, he wouldn't have felt comfortable enough to speak like this outside of the home.

Everything ABOUT the incident when it happened sounded like SHE (the mother) was just looking to play the victim and maybe squeeze some money because it's a LeBron James backed facility.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

It seems to be a running theme with these charter schools. My son attended 100 Black Men Academy for Excellence in Clark County Nevada. They fired the beloved principal because he did not agree with the curriculum and wanted to use a fair amount of the budget for learning field trips. The parents, including myself, were livid! After he left moral went downhill and teachers left, we left, it was so disappointing. They had the best after school tutoring program that the district director refused to continue to fund. We later found out that the school district never wanted the school to exist and the charter school company that actually ran the academy were all white people who could care less about our culture.. Like everyone knows, Lebron just rented his name out, part of the board but these charter school companies run the school for profit using school district money! SMH

H
    HailCzr85
    That's what many of us here in Northeast Ohio believe is happening with the IPromise school. It started off doing well and then Covid-19 happened. All schools took a hit across the country with the adjustments that had to be made. But we all think the school administrations NEVER wanted this school to succeed. IF it did, then that would force their municipality and others to examine WHY IPromise is doing well while the other public schools aren't. Which will come down to what it always is and THAT is properly funding inner city schools.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It seems to be a running theme with these charter schools. My son attended 100 Black Men Academy for Excellence in Clark County Nevada. They fired the beloved principal because he did not agree with the curriculum and wanted to use a fair amount of the budget for learning field trips. The parents, including myself, were livid! After he left moral went downhill and teachers left, we left, it was so disappointing. They had the best after school tutoring program that the district director refused to continue to fund. We later found out that the school district never wanted the school to exist and the charter school company that actually ran the academy were all white people who could care less about our culture.. Like everyone knows, Lebron just rented his name out, part of the board but these charter school companies run the school for profit using school district money! SMH
    You know it HailCzr85

ShermX69X

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    The good Dr. was laying in the cut waiting for his chance to opine:

Man Umar can turn a 5min video into a darn near 15~20min video MY GOODNESS! Good points though but DAMN.

Season 7 Nbc GIF by The Office