App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Yes, we are not a monolith, but one of our issues is that we fail to strategize as a group en masse ... organization is the only way we've gotten things done (right now, we do organize to get those folks in office, but then we get 'no voting, no *** ?! - what's up with that. )

Anyway, I want to articulate an alternative, and maybe we can give folks some options ...

1. You can choose to vote for the ultra moderate R, green party, etc (all movements of change had a theme song, what's ours? Smh ... campaign: "Vote Your Conscience ")

However you vote, as Sinclair Skinner put it (Blockchain enthusiast and creator of iloveblackpeople.com) , "the presidential vote is just one day" ... we need to focus on what comes after that ...

2. Obvious proposal, we focus on the local and congressional elections (we should really focus on rooting out those mainstay impediments of progress there, we all know who they are) ...

We focus on the wrong things, imo, .. does the presidential office matter as much as who your local officials, judges, etc are (barring Supreme Court, an Attorney General choices) ...

Ideally, we need to focus on building our infrastructure as a nation ... this whole game is about destabilization ... destabilization with distractions, destabilization with Cointelpro ... destabilize African nations with aim to pillage (same thing happens here, but the "natural resources" are us) ...

What do you think are some potential political strategies that can be employed for the Presidential election, or beyond?

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I don't think we need to be a monolith.
I don't think we even need to just completely sit it out or vote Republican or third party necessarily.

I do think our vote needs to be a fairly even split. Like 50/50 or 60/40 or 55/45.

We need to vote based on our interests not based on emotions and CNN/MSNBC talking points.

Now I will admit as for my job and financial interests the Democrats as of right now are a better deal. They give better pay increases to federal employees and don't try to cut our benefits.

However as for my morals, values and beliefs the Republicans more align. Like me the Republicans are against immigration (both legal and illegal) and against abortion. They are against alternative lifestyles.

As far as what's best for the black community neither align in my opinion. Neither party is trying to do anything specifically for black people.

Most people just say Republicans are racist and against black people so they vote Democrat which is pretty short sighted. Of course they hate us. We vote against them at a rate of 85 or more percent. They view us as a threat to their livelihood.

Think about it this way. If you work 260 days a year and the individual person came in, trying to get you fired 221 days, wouldn't you hate that person too?

I have financial motivation to vote for the Democrats. However, I consider the overall picture when making a decision. I used to be one of those people who will vote just based on CNN/ MSNBC talking points. I voted based on emotion. I hated the Republican party because the media told me that I should. The media told me that the Republicans were bad for the country and that they were racist and didn't like black people.

Now I am more mature and can see the entire picture. The Republicans have a reason for disliking black people. The Democrats dislike us too. They just need our vote so they can say it. So now I go into the booth realizing that both parties hate black people and are racist against us. I just think about what's best for me, for my family, for my finances and the community as a whole.

If we all did you get it out thought did you get it like that out votes would be split and they'd have to fight to be on the winning end. The thing is that if that happens Democrats would never win an election at presidential level again.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
This is a copy and paste of one of my old posts on the subject:

"I'll tell you the same thing I've been saying since I joined 6ZEROS (you can search my old posts for a longer, more in-depth answer), we should never vote for "nothing".
We need to do what every other group does (this is the short version because I'm on my way to a meeting):
1. Decide what we want as a group.
2. Buy a politician.
3. Lean on our politician until our demands are met.
4. Continue working with our politician and either get them reelected or replaced if they don't keep their end of the bargain.
5. Rinse & repeat every election cycle.

That's the way Dr. Claud Anderson taught us to vote, and it works. If you don't believe it, look at how the muslims in Deerborn, MI just made their local school district change its entire curriculum, look at the political gains that hispanic immigrants have made (illegals can even vote now on some states), and look at the influence that Asians have had in ending Affirmative Action."