Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I just had a thought about the reparations movement and what should happen if it were to become successful. There's a trend that after every major black movement in this nation, there also ends up being a huge backlash to said movement. What do you think the backlash to reparations would be, and how could we prepare for it in advance?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just had a thought about the reparations movement and what should happen if it were to become successful. There's a trend that after every major black movement in this nation, there also ends up being a huge backlash to said movement. What do you think the backlash to reparations would be, and how could we prepare for it in advance?
    We seeing that shit now. We are being demonized more than ever and they bringing the Mexicans in by the boatload. If the checks ever get cut I think people will try to kill us. We have to be ready.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    White Supremacists and their rainbow coalition are going to ramp up their anti-Black hatred. But if the funding and restorative programs are sufficient it wouldn’t matter because no one can fuck with us.

Oh, yeah. I could definitely seem them doing something petty like that.
    These people hate our guts. There’s always a trick.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I just hope that we would be able to transfer the money into resources in time.
    Yeah we need to get back to the basics and be able to get our water, food, etc. If we can live off our own efforts everything else is icing on the cake. Right now we depend in white people for everything and they can cut us off at wheel like in Jackson.

Shoutout13

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    We seeing that shit now. We are being demonized more than ever and they bringing the Mexicans in by the boatload. If the checks ever get cut I think people will try to kill us. We have to be ready.
    Agreed. I'm glad you mentioned that.
    Let me add, we really need to remember that
    the people who followed us like criminals in stores,
    artificially lock us out of certain industries yet are
    willing to sell the products to us, and others are going
    to suddenly become "friendly" to us but it's really going
    to be about trying to get friendly with our bank accounts
    and to sweet talk and/or nickle and dime us out of our
    money.

We really need to have a dedicated infrastructure that
    includes legal resources and financial education as
    a built in requirement of our reparations otherwise
    we are going to be temporarily compensated lambs to
    the slaughter.

And even then there will be a possibility of being targeted for
    scams or even another shameless racially motivated
    Black Wall Street style ambush.

This is something we need to have a plan for
    to avoid a repeat.

But I am not going to post any suggestions here
    because as secure and "audience appropriate"
    as this social media forum is, there are some sensitive
    conversations we need to start getting in the habit of
    having as real life offline conversations to avoid
    the potential of prying eyes.

Remember it's been this coodinated silent racist retaliation effort
    that has allowed them to quietly seek out and install the "Black" in name only
    sellouts, tokens, trojan horses that we are being ambushed with.
    (This didn't just happen out of nowhere).

Offline conversation will also help minimize minority false equivalents
    that serve as proxies complicit in helping with cultural appropriation, downplaying
    or redirecting the focus on dues owed Black Freedmen and"bait and switch" redefinition
    of reparations that shortchanges us (in a way they would never dare offer any other group).

Their obvious goal is overall Black erasure (but especially erasure of the legacy and debt owed
    descendants of American chattel slavery). Our obvious solution is continuing to develop our
    own dedicated resources and to keep some discussions offline to avoid giving the enemy
    a heads up that could be copied and weaponized against us as they have done in the past and
    continue to do.

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Agreed. I'm glad you mentioned that.
    Let me add, we really need to remember that
    the people who followed us like criminals in stores,
    artificially lock us out of certain industries yet are
    willing to sell the products to us, and others are going
    to suddenly become "friendly" to us but it's really going
    to be about trying to get friendly with our bank accounts
    and to sweet talk and/or nickle and dime us out of our
    money.

We really need to have a dedicated infrastructure that
    includes legal resources and financial education as
    a built in requirement of our reparations otherwise
    we are going to be temporarily compensated lambs to
    the slaughter.

And even then there will be a possibility of being targeted for
    scams or even another shameless racially motivated
    Black Wall Street style ambush.

This is something we need to have a plan for
    to avoid a repeat.

But I am not going to post any suggestions here
    because as secure and "audience appropriate"
    as this social media forum is, there are some sensitive
    conversations we need to start getting in the habit of
    having as real life offline conversations to avoid
    the potential of prying eyes.

Remember it's been this coodinated silent racist retaliation effort
    that has allowed them to quietly seek out and install the "Black" in name only
    sellouts, tokens, trojan horses that we are being ambushed with.
    (This didn't just happen out of nowhere).

Offline conversation will also help minimize minority false equivalents
    that serve as proxies complicit in helping with cultural appropriation, downplaying
    or redirecting the focus on dues owed Black Freedmen and"bait and switch" redefinition
    of reparations that shortchanges us (in a way they would never dare offer any other group).

Their obvious goal is overall Black erasure (but especially erasure of the legacy and debt owed
    descendants of American chattel slavery). Our obvious solution is continuing to develop our
    own dedicated resources and to keep some discussions offline to avoid giving the enemy
    a heads up that could be copied and weaponized against us as they have done in the past and
    continue to do.
    I agree and I like your point about us being well funded lambs to slaughter. We are definitely waking up but so many of us are so comfortable. Ignorance is bliss is one of the realest things I never really understood until I got older.

So many things would change if we just thought Black first but that’s the challenge a lot of Black people think minority coalitions are a benefit to us.

Shoutout13

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I personally think if they ever cut the check it will be right before they do something trifling like changing to another currency.
    No doubt. The racist "powers that be" always have that "carrot on a stick" that you never can catch up to.

Look what happens where there is an increase in minimum wage, prices go up accordingly for the things you buy
    with that "extra" money so much that you are back where you started.

People who benefit from exploitation are not going to admit it or willingly dismantle it especially
    when they don't perceive an upside for themselves.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No doubt. The racist "powers that be" always have that "carrot on a stick" that you never can catch up to.

Look what happens where there is an increase in minimum wage, prices go up accordingly for the things you buy
    with that "extra" money so much that you are back where you started.

People who benefit from exploitation are not going to admit it or willingly dismantle it especially
    when they don't perceive an upside for themselves.
    Amen brother our liberation will not be handed to us. We will not wake up one day with cash and freedom. We are going to have to work hard and be uncompromising or else we will continue to slowly erode. There is no easy fix for the mess we are in and no way out without sacrifice.

Shoutout13

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I agree and I like your point about us being well funded lambs to slaughter. We are definitely waking up but so many of us are so comfortable. Ignorance is bliss is one of the realest things I never really understood until I got older.

So many things would change if we just thought Black first but that’s the challenge a lot of Black people think minority coalitions are a benefit to us.
    Also agreed.
    The most frustrating thing is how some of us buy into the generalized minority "we all in the same boat" false narrative.

Many don't even notice that they have dedicated business and political advocacy groups that don't allow themselves to be
    coopted.

But we keep getting mixed in with "...and brown" "...of color" and generalized minority categories that hijack our
    ideas and even use our own talking points to linecut ahead of us while we end up getting ignored as $$$ funneled to these
    mixed minority groups end up getting funneled primarily to them and their causes.

It's exclusion by manipulative over-inclusion.