Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
This guy is worth a a few hundred million. He's an Iranian immigrant. Listening to this the guy is tone deaf and has that I was a poor immigrant who picked my self by my bootstrap bulllsh*t they've been telling blacks for decades upon decades.

Roland does a decent job but he is on there as a Democrat. The other guy is a Republican. NEVER debate white folks as a Democrat. Debate them on facts, analogies that are logical, etc.

Roland could have made some better points and didn't. This guy is so tone deaf you need some sort of arbitration. He's doing 'I'm white and I say so' And he is white in America. Roland should have pointe that out. In America he's white. And if he said no, I'd say what race is on your driver's license and what race MUST you put on the census? This guy basically said 'Why mention it' when referring to factual cases of systemic discrimination! That is mind boggling. I'd have come back with "So, Jews should stop mentioning the holocaust?'

Jason Black would have lit this guy up. Tariq as well. Roland's fundamental flaw in this debate is debating as a Democrat. You hamstring yourself because white Dems are just as complicit.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I hate when they say “you have a victim mentality” when they were victims in their homelands and ran. Many of these people would be poor if they stayed at home because the government blocked them from ascending. At the end of the day it’s just anti-Black racism.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Have you ever heard anyone say that to Native Americans when they criticize how they are treated? Have you ever heard that said to Jews when they feel something is anti-semitic? No, because they apply it to us and not to others. Finally, how I'd answer this to him as this? The Blacks in the Civil Rights era were told the same exact thing. Blacks as a group had a growing middle class sector that came along with the post WW2 boom that brought us the term 'boomers'. Blacks were doing better than we had in decades. Whites said the very same thing. I'd have asked dude, was MLK Jr wrong? A guy like this on his own show is never going to be wrong. He needs to be debated with a moderator like at Politic-Con or somewhere you have a moderator and agree beforehand to have people live proof some facts.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is reminding me of that wealthy Iranian female immigrant and those white descendants of immigrants that were on the same white-hosted Twitter Space that Tariq was on with that whole "I was very poor and very oppressed and I worked my butt off and I built myself up to an upper middle class or millionaire status with little to no help, so why can't Black people stop making excuses and do the same without always playing victim" garbage.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Being Democrat first is not Black first.

He should've debated as a Black man and not a Democratic man, but this is the same cowardly Roland Martin who said that he was "a man", "a Christian", and everything else except a Black man when Richard Spencer asked him if he identifies as a Black man.

Roland won't debate as a Black man unless it's to make a point in favor of the Democratic Party (not Black people, let alone Black DOACS) because deep down, he doesn't truly see himself as a Black man and wants to transcend race.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Tennis player Andre Agassi is Persian. Tell me he ain't accepted as white? I guarantee 100 percent these guys know who TBA is, Dr. Umar is, Tariq is. They went for low hanging fruit if you wanna keep it buck. They know Roland is tied to the Dems and its easy pickings finding problems with the Democratic party.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Roland does a pretty good job actually. I've listened to him over the years. He knows his facts in terms of the various administrations and what they are doing or not doing. He's actually a decent journalism in bringing out certain government policies, etc.

He also calls out systemic racism and white supremacy. However, his biggest flaw is he is a Democratic party shill. The Dems have done too much BS and he (and other Black Dems) come off as hypocrites when they only criticize Republicans and gloss over Dem problems.

The advantage we have is that we are not beholden to any party so the 'What about the Democrats?' counter doesn't work. He also needs to control his emotion a bit and I say that just in terms of style, but its a side issue.

Patrick Bet-David is one of those immigrant white boys who caught a lick and got rich and thinks 'If I can and people from my nation can, you guys (Blacks) aren't trying hard enough. He made his money (about 200 mil net worth) doing a sort of MLM (multi level marketing) Insurance company. One of his people stopped me in a parking lot once and invited me to a 'free seminar'. I actually went out of curiosity just to see what it was about, I already knew it was going to be MLM. The hard sell happened after, they put me in a room with some Nigerian-American brother, cool guy, he said he left a 100k a year Engineering job to do this full time and we had a good discussion but I'm not going to do that stuff. I don't do MLM. Nothing against it but I went to see if I could learn anything new.

The guys like him are the most dangerous to black progress because they have no history with us in America so have zero guilt and often no knowledge or a skewed knowledge of the history of the Black struggle in America.

Anyway, Roland would actually make a good advocate if he wasn't so much of a bootlick Dem who wants to be a Dem party insider. Bet-David had no real response. He was doing the deflection thing and he got killed. I doubt it will happen but my hope is the debate opened his eyes a bit. Won't happen but at least he knows he can't come with that BS. I have heard him talk about conservative issues, black issues when its only him and his side kick and no one to counter him. Whenever these white boys get a person who can counter punch their talking points they start doing white supremacy tactics of deflection, gas lighting, etc. I've experienced it myself. Had a debate with a white boy a couple years ago about reparations. He even tried to say Obama gets it, his dad is African and mom white blah, blah. And I said 'No'. And I said I wouldn't and he countered with why should you care. Er..its the right thing to do, its deserved. It's like asking why should I care if the Japanese or Jews got reparations. You don't ask non Jews and Japanese that? And I am tangentially affected because I face the same anti Blackness. More blacks with an economic base, the more as a collective we can protect ourselves from systemic anti black racism which affects all of us.