Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Should more black people be conservative?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Being a conservative in and of itself is upholding tradition and keeping values intact. It is never specified which traditions or values are being upheld and as time advances, things do change. It is clear that "family first" is the foundation though. I was talking to my brother about this and we both agree that conservatism in and of itself is separate from republican just as liberal is separate from democrat. Both reps and dems are just voting classes who try to cater to one or the other without actually doing anything for either. Conservatives put their family and direct community first and it seems liberals put their family second to the greater good.

I was raised very conservative when I look back on my life. I was raised by a couple who is married, where my father worked and my mother took care of us and the house. She focused on gardening, cooking, housekeeping, and making sure we were learning and growing in appropriate circles. My father was the leader and protector of the household and my mother would always go to him before making any larger decisions. Our family as a whole is very close and tight-knit. We look out for each other and we make sure the community we lived in and myself as well as my brothers grew up in was safe.

I think white people and white supremacy muddied the waters and made being conservative a dirty thing. They made being traditional and having a strong family unit a dirty thing to a lot of people. I think we should reclaim it. After all, our people at one time had a stronger economy, stronger churches, and stronger family units not that long ago.

Share your thoughts.

Blackmamba

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Con (to trick)
    Serve ( prep, dish out) ...
    Becoming & building our own party from the economic floor to the political floor is a start, because what & whose traditions are we conserving here?, Who benefits the most?, What are actually given after all this conservation? If it looks anything like the past 300 years my best guess is to move onward & forward! Power does not concede, not does it ask

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think white people and white supremacy muddied the waters and made being conservative a dirty thing.
    See, that's all it takes for me.

I don't understand why black people feel they have to pick and choose either or when both sides are clearly anti black. Conservative is anti black, liberal anti black, Republican is anti black, Democrat is anti black

We don't need any of these political labels because they don't work for us

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    See, that's all it takes for me.

I don't understand why black people feel they have to pick and choose either or when both sides are clearly anti black. Conservative is anti black, liberal anti black, Republican is anti black, Democrat is anti black

We don't need any of these political labels because they don't work for us
    I didn't mean it to be a political label but when it is, you are 100% right. I like the actual lifestyle benefits us at is core but it is nothing more than a label now that gets thrown around to claim a supremacy over someone else.