The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
1M

Terrence Howard announces retirement from acting

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Terrence Howard is ready to walk away from acting. During an interview with Entertainment Tonight on the red carpet for the upcoming Peacock series The Best Man: The Final Chapters, Howard revealed his decision to call it quits and make room for the new generation of thespians establishing themselves as stars. While explaining his decision, the Chicago native recalled his conversation with iconic actor Sidney Poitier about retiring.

This is the end for me. I don’t know if it’s the end for the rest of them,” he said, referring to his Best Man castmates. “I retired two years ago, for the most part. I was done. I asked Sidney Poitier 10 years ago does he want to do any more work, and he said, ‘Why would I spend my last 10 years doing an impersonation of myself?’ And that’s what I’ve gotten to.”

“I’ve gotten to the point where now I’ve given the very best that I have as an actor. Now I’m enjoying watching other new talent come around, and I don’t want to do an impersonation of myself.”

(L-R): Harold Perrineau, Regina Hall, Terrence Howard, Sanaa Lathan, Nia Long, Taye Diggs, Morris Chestnut, Melissa De Sousa of 'The Best Man: Final Chapters'

https://www.vibe.com/news/movies-tv/terrence-howard-announces-retirement-acting-1234718209/

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Im being selfish but idc. This is wack news

And that Sydney portier quote is not deep or thought provoking at all. There's several things you can do in the front of a camera. Why "retire" wholesale? Maybe the brother is tired but he would be a dope elderly actor when that time comes. Plus there's always gonna be somebody in Hollywood who's gonna ask you for a favor and you're gonna come back and do something for them anyway...

He ain’t done, he's taking a break lol

Trillfate

Royal Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
He hasn't even been acting in featured films and shows for 30 years. Most actors go at least 40. I can't see him being done cause alls it takes is one script to get him motivated again.
All he's going to hear is "I know you retired but just read the this and tell me you don't love it" n shit like that. People are gonna constantly bait him to come back and then maybe he could charge more... 🤔 hey maybe this is all just a play for the bigger bag eh..

Happy "retirement" T 😉

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    All he's going to hear is "I know you retired but just read the this and tell me you don't love it" n shit like that. People are gonna constantly bait him to come back and then maybe he could charge more... 🤔 hey maybe this is all just a play for the bigger bag eh..

Happy "retirement" T 😉
    Would not surprise me. When you are a good actor, the older you get, the more you can make. Just look at other big names that you hardly see in things these days, they are making MAD cash when they in something.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    I think he's telling the truth about calling it quits on acting. If I was an actor, I imagine at some point I'd want to hang it up too. I know there are tons of actors who go on until the day they die, but maybe Terrence is just done with it all. I can't imagine Hollywood is all that fun, and having to deal with it for so long, it's got to be tiring after a while.

Also, he could retire and live a comfortable lifestyle. That's what I'd like to do with the final years of my life. I don't want to be working till the day I die.

zBucks
    Didn't he do this once before? I thought he had already announced he was retiring years ago, or was that another actor? Either way, I wish the dude luck on his future, whatever the hell he wants to do with his retirement.

Honestly though, so many actors say they're "retiring", yet years later come back to do a role. For all we know, he could be announcing a break or something. He'll probably be back.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    He hasn't even been acting in featured films and shows for 30 years. Most actors go at least 40. I can't see him being done cause alls it takes is one script to get him motivated again.
    So the show Empire doesn't count?

They wave a bag to do 'Hustle and Flow 2' and we'll see how long that lasts. He really paid like to retire unless he's gonna live a lifestyle like us on here.

Terrence Howard Net Worth ; Net Worth: $5 Million
    His net worth should be higher after being on Empire.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    175k an episode and in Cali with all the taxes, etc, that's maybe...maybe half that if he's lucky.

Even if its twice that, with the lifestyle these guys lead and living in LA, 10 mil is upper middle class. My auntie's 2 bedroom, 1 bath Spanish style house in Inglewood, Ca a block or so off Crenshaw and Florence (and anyone in LA will tell you that intersection can be active) goes for 950k.

Housing alone in LA, to buy a home at his status will eat up most of that 5 mil and even double it to 10 mil, still its a huge chunk of his income.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    They wave a bag to do 'Hustle and Flow 2' and we'll see how long that lasts. He really paid like to retire unless he's gonna live a lifestyle like us on here.

Terrence Howard Net Worth ; Net Worth: $5 Million
    I won't believe he's retired until I don't see him in anything upcoming. This is coming on December 22, 2022 & it's a series this time, so retired or not retired?🤔

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    He was never a huge box office star. He wasn't huge before Hustle and Flow. By huge I mean A list...he was maybe, depending on your definition, B list.
    He's got a long resume but its not in any thing that made crazy money or paid him A list money.