Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love this! and I’m going to circle back because it is a lot to beautifully digest. First, music is everything. I might give up certain foods or not watch certain shows on tv but music.. I have to have it. I must have a good soundtrack to my day..lol

I believe James Brown was my first introduction to black entertainment. I loved James Brown, Chuck Berry, Little Richard.. Everything my dad would listen to OMG! which was funny because my mom was super duper Christian… that was sin to her…so she tried to suppress it. My mom introduced me to gospel music, but it was the booogie ooogie ooogie for me!!

The 70s! was so rich, EWF and Parliment Funkadelics!! I was raised right. The 80s was Prince and Luther Vandross, Michael Jackson, I became Huge Janet Jackson fan.. she was to me like Beyoncé is to my daughter.

Con funk shun, Keith Sweat, New Jack, Teddy Riley!!! was my go to. My sister introduced me to Blue Magic and Lenny Williams. Cause I love you!Oh oh oh oh lol.

Huge Maxwell and Lenny Kravitz fan.
    When it came to Hip Hop. WuTang moved me to Hip Hop obsession.

I must say..Billy Holiday, strange fruit song, what she went through because of that song about America lynching us….that should be included.

This article really takes me back down memory lane Jay! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I love this! and I’m going to circle back because it is a lot to beautifully digest. First, music is everything. I might give up certain foods or not watch certain shows on tv but music.. I have to have it. I must have a good soundtrack to my day..lol

I believe James Brown was my first introduction to black entertainment. I loved James Brown, Chuck Berry, Little Richard.. Everything my dad would listen to OMG! which was funny because my mom was super duper Christian… that was sin to her…so she tried to suppress it. My mom introduced me to gospel music, but it was the booogie ooogie ooogie for me!!

The 70s! was so rich, EWF and Parliment Funkadelics!! I was raised right. The 80s was Prince and Luther Vandross, Michael Jackson, I became Huge Janet Jackson fan.. she was to me like Beyoncé is to my daughter.

Con funk shun, Keith Sweat, New Jack, Teddy Riley!!! was my go to. My sister introduced me to Blue Magic and Lenny Williams. Cause I love you!Oh oh oh oh lol.

Huge Maxwell and Lenny Kravitz fan.
    When it came to Hip Hop. WuTang moved me to Hip Hop obsession.

I must say..Billy Holiday, strange fruit song, what she went through because of that song about America lynching us….that should be included.

This article really takes me back down memory lane Jay! 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
    That makes me so happy to hear. It was actually a very difficult piece to write as there is so much history to cover.

LOL @ your mom trying to keep you away from the James Brown...I can understand though because he talks about sex quite a bit. I love his song "Man in the Glass".

I GET SOOOO LONELY!!!!

I'm glad it took you down memory lane and brought back memories.

Redd*Blitz

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Though BHM, for me, is year round..365 days a year...24/7...music wise...I'm celebrating the history and legacy of...
    fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

MIDAS TOUCH 🎶 Touch Turns To Gold Mix 🎶 MIDNIGHT STAR
    MAKE THAT MOVE 🎶 Let's Make That Move Mix 🎶 SHALAMAR

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    D

Deleted member 191

The Lean on Me version was great. Did you know that they were a part of Timex Social Club but had a dispute which is why they called themselves Club Nouveau? They even released a response to rumors.
    I did not, I was very young then and even until you mentioned I actually never even thought to research their origins. I'll look into it though. My siblings were teens in the 80s so it was a lot of Club Nouveau, Michael and Janet, Shalamar, New Edition, and a ton of New Jack Swing RnB.

ArYkathaGOAT

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA