Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

In this video Dr. Richard Wolff clearly articulates how we are witnessing the decline in the US empire. He talks about the economic and social collapse of the country in gripping detail.

It’s only one hour long.​
I always enjoy listening to Dr. Wolf. He clearly understands the failures & flaws of unregulated Capitalism. The begin of declining wages in the ‘70’s, parallels to post depression era Germany, & the rise of credit cards, the last of which I was not aware, all high notes in the lecture. Filmmaker Paul Schraders “Blue Collar” starring Richard Pryor, Yaphet Kotto, & Harvey Keitel examines this phenomena and the effects it has on Auto workers in Detroit in the 1970’s. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. It is Pryor at his best and one of his finest performances. Real life problems and of course be is funny. There is another video I like that focuses on the perils of empire building & what the literal crash & traumatizing effects of a crumbling empire looks, feels and for all practical purposes, smells like. I will post it. Thanks for posting the lecture.🔥🙏🏾🔥

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
If we compare our era to other past 'empires' or nations that ruled their era we are in the last stages. Nothing lasts forever. It's not that America won't be relevant, just not nearly as powerful and able to project might as before.

For example. The UK was unquestionably the world's biggest power but after two World Wars they no longer were but were still powerful and relevant to this day, just not nearly the same level as before.

Jay
Jay
The part that Black people need to be concerned about is how these environments are the perfect climate for right wing fascist takeovers. If that happens we will be in a position I don’t think many of us are truly prepared for.

Czharcus

Truth-Detector
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I believe black people are America's trump card, if she were willing to use it.

Unfortunately for her, using that trump card would mean she would have to do things she was never meant to do like Reparations, which would kill white supremacy/racism on this land.

I think it's so easy to mention black people in this country passively without saying how they fit in the equation. Slavery is the reason the elite are the elite. It set the standard of taking from the poor to give to the wealthy. Black slavery depressed white wages while hiding it. Racism does that work now.

Nothing has fundamentally changed since slavery but the date. The idea of extracting wealth from the bottom has gone on unbroken because no one cares about the bottom but the bottom. White folks didn't care about the bottom until they got there.

It is difficult for people to see because we believe in an invisible barrier that separates the economics of black and white people, but it doesn't actually exist.

White (economic) supremacy is like Highlander, there can only be one. Literally, just one. Not a group of people with the same skin color, just ONE. The ideal of supremacy is insatiable. This is why it's inevitable that white supremacy destroys itself. Like every empire (which is a version of supremacy), it kills itself. The external forces that help it die are unwittingly created by it.

Black people are America's trump card because Reparations is the absolute reverse of what's killing her. It's diametrically opposed to the idea of taking from the bottom to give to the top. This idea (supremacy) must be struck aggressively and deeply at its core for her to save herself.

The problem is "give me liberty or give me death." The word "liberty" here effectively means "supremacy." A loss of supremacy will feel like a loss of liberty to "Lady Liberty" because she's been taught for centuries that they are the same thing.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    With regards to what Jay said about white right wing fascist takeovers. I believe 100 percent some people will try. There was a recent warning by some retired generals that parts of the military high command would support a coup.

That's a given I think. Because the military already has a white supremist infiltration problem.

Not just January 6th but the attempted attack on the Michigan governor I think. The FEMA camps will be mostly us if that happens. I also have a theory they will bring back de facto slavery by having debtor's prison and you can 'pay off your debt by working it off'. Your student loan becomes criminalized. 50k student debt, you 'work it off' for 5 years or 10 years. Or they say instead of filing bankruptcy you have to 'work it off'. And white folks can buy your debt and you must work for them. They will frame it in a way that its slavery without being called slavery.