HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Before I begin I do not want people to take this as a mandate to NOT run for office. The goal here is to highlight how running for office alone IS NOT ENOUGH.

What people still have not absorbed from Dr. Claud Anderson is that Politicians respond to economics and not the vote.

Let’s make this very basic. Let’s say we elect a Black mayor Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr in Effebayville, AL., excellent right? Yes.

But where does a bulk of Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr’s budget come from? Property taxes!

Property taxes are the primary source of tax collections at the local level, responsible for 72.2 percent of local tax revenue in fiscal year 2020

Who owns most of the property and land? White people!

White Americans, by comparison, own more than 98 percent of U.S. land amounting to 856 million acres with a total worth of over $1 trillion.
    So when Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr goes to initiate his Reparations plan guess who is going to step in his way? 72% of his revenue that is, White people.

So the issue is without an economic base, having a candidate will be worthless. If the politician doesn’t follow the wishes of the 72% they will go where they will get their way and leave Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr with no money for reparations.

The moral of the story is, let’s work together!

4F510EEE-46CF-4AF7-B1B1-055B7F5ACC9F.jpeg

D

Deleted member 191

Soooooo don't run for office and don't vote......got it.

hanna barbera lol GIF

D

Deleted member 191

But no seriously, you touched on something here that really speaks to the fabric of how I want my real estate company to function. As a vehicle to acquire property that in turn is sold to black families looking to put down roots and/or invest themselves or companies who rent out to black tenants. Commercial property that can be sold to black businesses and then create the cycle of black dollars that will serve as the foundation of a new black economic base.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Sovereign
    Sovereign
    i love this and we should all be looking for ways our businesses can help one another. Other communities won’t break bread with a Black person for any reason but Black people make excuses to break bread with everyone else. It’s sick.
    H
    HailCzr85
    Couldn't agree with you more! There is SUCH a "I'm getting mine and you're on your own" mentality from so many of us....it's disheartening. My belief on that though is, there's a reason why they're called "useful" idiots. Black people with a plan just need to find out how to make them useful and then toss them like the tool they are when they outlive their usefulness.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Soooooo don't run for office and don't vote......got it.

hanna barbera lol GIF
    The first sentence:

Before I begin I do not want people to take this as a mandate to NOT run for office.

Running for office and voting are both useful but there can still be a rug pull with both. We won’t be able to vote ourselves out of the situation with our or their candidates because what controls everything is the economy.

If people think that voting for a candidate that says reparations is going to solve our problems then we will finally get there and realize once again that economics is key.

H
    HailCzr85
    I was being sarcastic. But to your point.....someone would come on here and swear that's what you meant
    H
    HailCzr85
    On a serious note, the issue would always be old black people and the intellectually lazy black people who listen to them because they don't want to do the work. But just like all great shifts...once enough of our people come together and work for a singular goal, those who are lagging behind will either get with the program or get left out.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA

Poisoned his water and now the State is trying working with the white citizenry to make him powerless. I don’t know why people think they play fair.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I want someone to prove me wrong.

H
    HailCzr85
    IDK if there is one. There's too much proof that running for office and voting don't work on their own merit. You NEED money to back the candidate and promote the issues you want. Look what happened with AOC and the Justice Democrats? That broad came out of nowhere. LITERALLY FUCKING NOWHERE and now she's up here spinning her wheels in the mud for her NY constituents while feigning like she's an ally to "people of color".
    Jay
    Jay
    Family Feud Lol GIF by Steve Harvey

Faking like she grassroots. They caught her bedwenching at school and got her on the fast track like simone sanders.
    H
    HailCzr85
    ....I didn't know she was married.
    Tv Show Idk GIF by HULU
    Simone Sanders I mean.

MR-D-ROB

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Great points. That's exactly why black politicians or any other politicians can't act on things for black people.

Those that control economics won't allow it. If they were to seriously put up a reparations plan for vote and it were gaining ground that in control would stop it.

All they would have to do is simply put up a ton of money against any politician who is backing it. Those politicians will be primaried out and replaced by politicians who are against it. Sure, maybe a few politicians who are for it maintain enough vote to stay in office. All those in power have to do though is replace just enough politicians to change the balance of power and that could literally be only 15 or 20 positions.

The American populace is easily influenced. So all those in control have to do is spend millions on ads against the politicians they don't like and enough of them are going to be gone than any issue they don't like is no longer on the table.

The black community has to build up enough wealth that we can combat this system. It's not enough that we vote politicians in. We have to be able to basically buy politicians. One vote is nothing against millions of dollars telling the overall populace how to vote.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Before I begin I do not want people to take this as a mandate to NOT run for office. The goal here is to highlight how running for office alone IS NOT ENOUGH.

What people still have not absorbed from Dr. Claud Anderson is that Politicians respond to economics and not the vote.

Let’s make this very basic. Let’s say we elect a Black mayor Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr in Effebayville, AL., excellent right? Yes.

But where does a bulk of Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr’s budget come from? Property taxes!

Who owns most of the property and land? White people!

So when Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr goes to initiate his Reparations plan guess who is going to step in his way? 72% of his revenue that is, White people.

So the issue is without an economic base, having a candidate will be worthless. If the politician doesn’t follow the wishes of the 72% they will go where they will get their way and leave Rev. F. A. Tethe-Herr with no money for reparations.

The moral of the story is, let’s work together!

View attachment 6981
    You make a vital observation Jay. This is why the Reparations battle must have economic talking points in the forefront. i.e. Reparations to Black Americans will absolutely grow the American economy, immediately. It is no secret that Black Americans are super spenders on goods and services all across the economic spectrum. Raising the wealth per capita of Black Americans will immediately boost the American economy. Housing, cars, retail, travel, etc. Once that message goes viral, white folks will shut their mouths and begin to understand that the returns on their stocks and investments will skyrocket.

This is why we need PRO-Black American politicians because the white politicians don’t necessarily want to see a bunch of wealthy black people. They don’t necessarily! want to prosper like that. They rather steal and capitalize instead of honest earnings. ..Just my observation and opinion.
    Rooting Issa Rae GIF

Jay
    Jay
    It will definitely grow the American economy but if it also gives Black Americans a position to flex power then the system has to decide “temporary monetary gain” or “emboldened negro population” and I have my idea of which way that would go.

In the end, I think if reparations is going to be given because of the economic benefits it will be given in a way where the maximum benefit is to the system with the byproduct being something that goes to Black people. For example:

- $100k down payment assistance on a house. It’s not really reparative, it’s a transfer of money from the government to a bank and the byproduct is the Black person having a place to live.

- Tuition Assistance is the same where it’s a transfer of wealth from one white institution to another. With a degree being a byproduct of the exchange.

True reparations IMO will only happen if the result of not doing it is going to result in the system losing its ability to function.

Princess El-Bey

Senior Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    … exactly, why would they want to include when they’ve been excluding.. they’re going to have to give Poor white folks something like Medicare/dental are for all, complete student loan forgiveness and free community college.

Although reparations will be seen as only benefitting black Americans the Govt. has to give something to white people. They’re already taking care of the immigrants so it would make since to give the rest of the citizenry an economic upgrade as well.

What we’re asking for is a fair system but it has to provide the win win for everyone. Ultimate maximized “greed” has to be removed from the equation.

Remind the capitalists that they will still have many people wasting plenty of dollars on their goods and services! lol

Your last paragraph tho!
    “True reparations IMO will only happen if the result of not doing it is going to result in the system losing its ability to function.

Jay
    Jay
    Can you repost your thread about you running. I want to make sure you get the support you need. The site went down an hour after you posted it.