Movies and TV

Where TV and Film lovers go to talk about their favorite programming.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

THE WOMAN KING Trailer (2022)

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
Community Host
Tither
App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This looks really good, but!... I saw a few things in this trailer that has me suspicious. Take a look and tell me what you think.

A historical epic inspired by true events that took place in The Kingdom of Dahomey, one of the most powerful states of Africa in the 18th and 19th centuries. The story follows Nanisca (Davis), general of the all-female military unit, and her daughter Nawi, who together fought the French and neighboring tribes who violated their honor, enslaved their people and threatened to destroy everything they’ve lived for.

View: https://youtu.be/rcUBHgumNjs

The Haze Of Our Lives

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    This looks really good, but!... I saw a few things in this trailer that has me suspicious. Take a look and tell me what you think.

I read an comment on Facebook this morning which the writer was of the opinion that this movie reeks of feminist agenda/propaganda and the name of the movie says a lot about that.

Maybe we are going to see a new title soon that's going to be "The Man Queen"? 🙄

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If I am not mistaken, we have a word for a "woman king" already... You know, a "queen"... LOL

I don't get the title. It just feels like they are pushing more masculinity on women with this crap. We can't be women anymore. Just further pushing the erasing of feminity. This isn't a black film, this is a white feminist film.

Heatice

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    Canada
    I must give credit where it's due because the trailer generally looked solid but there comes the name of the movie which is a completely different narrative. It's shit show that doesn't fit at all. They could have gone for something more representable in what they are trying sell in the movie which is a fight against European enslavement and not the wacky name "The Woman King".. Pttf!! 😑

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    I must give credit where it's due because the trailer generally looked solid but there comes the name of the movie which is a completely different narrative. It's shit show that doesn't fit at all. They could have gone for something more representable in what they are trying sell in the movie which is a fight against European enslavement and not the wacky name "The Woman King".. Pttf!! 😑
    Nefertiti was a King, after she killed her Father & Brothers. She was the only one left to take over. She NEVER wanted to be a Queen. I don't know if the movie is based on that or not, we shall see.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    I read an comment on Facebook this morning which the writer was of the opinion that this movie reeks of feminist agenda/propaganda and the name of the movie says a lot about that.

Maybe we are going to see a new title soon that's going to be "The Man Queen"? 🙄

These feminists can go any length in an attempt to relegate men's authority to the trash can. Whenever I see the names of some of these movies, understanding the agenda is just easy. I won't spend any time watching such a one sided storyline.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood whose adoptive father was white and adoptive mother was Salvadorian.

Screen written by Dana Stevens who is a divorced middle aged white woman.

Story by Maria Bello. A woman with and Italian father, a Polish mother, a son from a former boyfriend, and is in a same-sex relationship with a French woman.

And produced by Cathy Schulman. Another middle aged white woman who is accredited for the Lifetime TV series Angela's Eyes amongst other things. Here's a brief description of her M.O.

She is the CEO and President of Welle Entertainment, a development and production company committed to producing film, television, and media that appeals to diverse audiences, with an emphasis on women and girls

I'm sure this'll be interesting...

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Directed by Gina Prince-Bythewood whose adoptive father was white and adoptive mother was Salvadorian.

Screen written by Dana Stevens who is a divorced middle aged white woman.

Story by Maria Bello. A woman with and Italian father, a Polish mother, a son from a former boyfriend, and is in a same-sex relationship with a French woman.

And produced by Cathy Schulman. Another middle aged white woman who is accredited for the Lifetime TV series Angela's Eyes amongst other things. Here's a brief description of her M.O.

She is the CEO and President of Welle Entertainment, a development and production company committed to producing film, television, and media that appeals to diverse audiences, with an emphasis on women and girls

I'm sure this'll be interesting...
    I told ya'll this is a while feminist film!

They don't make films like this to inspire, they do it to make money and echo their own virtue. They want to say "we made this powerful black film for black people!". F'n joke.

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    These feminists can go any length in an attempt to relegate men's authority to the trash can. Whenever I see the names of some of these movies, understanding the agenda is just easy. I won't spend any time watching such a one sided storyline.
    It's a big downsell in all angle for me. It's just like the same thing they are doing with Wakanda Forever which wasn't anything in relation with what The Black Panther gave to us. I'm not watching it anyways, so I'm saving myself the insult.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I won't judge the movie till it's released and I watch it. I won't even base anything on speculation because I don't want to be wrong in the end and skip a movie that might be good. It's not going to cost me much to watch it. If it's good cool, and if it's bad, we move!!

Danny

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Latin America
    I told ya'll this is a while feminist film!

They don't make films like this to inspire, they do it to make money and echo their own virtue. They want to say "we made this powerful black film for black people!". F'n joke.
    Yeah, that's very obvious and it's only another feminist that's going to feel like, hey there's absolutely nothing wrong with what they have planned to do with the movie. But anyways, most of us are sick of their nagging, they can go to hell for all I care.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British

My antennas have been raised. Similar to the thoughts of the majority of this thread, the film reeks of a "certain" agenda. The trailer looked interesting but I remain sceptical.