The Streets

Leave your "boujeeness" at the door. Celeb gossip and other debauchery goes down here.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

This is the worst "compliment"

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
I absolutely hate when white guys say "you're pretty for a black girl". It's such a backhanded insult and they truly think they're saying it as a compliment. I think it's statements like this that can cause young black girls to feel like they aren't beautiful because of their skin tone. I know black men must hear a version of the same thing too. Have you ever dealt with this? How did you respond?

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I absolutely hate when white guys say "you're pretty for a black girl". It's such a backhanded insult and they truly think they're saying it as a compliment. I think it's statements like this that can cause young black girls to feel like they aren't beautiful because of their skin tone. I know black men must hear a version of the same thing too. Have you ever dealt with this? How did you respond?
    Those are compliments only a coon could love. mjlol

I've never had something said specifically but I've had white people treat me like I was an aberration and some different type of negro which I don't like.

I'm dope but I don't like to look at myself as some super special dude. If we didnt have our resources plundered every time we built there would be a millions me's in the USA.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    It's a dumb thing to say, because it implies that black women are ugly otherwise. Why even include that. Simply saying "You're Pretty" is enough. What a big ol dummy!
    Oh you speak to white men that frivolously? lol kidding. naah but uh, they know what they're doing with that. it's meant to make you yearn for their approval.

You should retort with your pretty well spoken for a neanderthal. :)
    I don't see how anyone would yearn for their approval after saying that though haha! But I get your point. It just makes that person look like an idiot, because any black woman would see that and think the same we're all thinking.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    It's a dumb thing to say, because it implies that black women are ugly otherwise. Why even include that. Simply saying "You're Pretty" is enough. What a big ol dummy!

I don't see how anyone would yearn for their approval after saying that though haha! But I get your point. It just makes that person look like an idiot, because any black woman would see that and think the same we're all thinking.
    You're thinking of how a person with self-esteem and respect would respond. If you're insecure about your race and venerate Whiteness, that "compliment" would make your day. Then you'll start developing your "I'm better than the other negroes" complex.

Invincible1914

Sixer
    Tither
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I always that that was code for you have those ”European” qualities that they like.

Btw, Is that you in your avatar?

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    I always that that was code for you have those ”European” qualities that they like.

It's code for "Negro women are ugly but you are the exception". So if you sleep or date him you know that he thinks your family and friends are all ugly.

jay z no GIF

lexodyssey

Senior Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Oh you speak to white men that frivolously? lol kidding. naah
    Too much hahaha

Exactly! and yes it is.

It's code for "Negro women are ugly but you are the exception". So if you sleep or date him you know that he thinks your family and friends are all ugly.

jay z no GIF
    Yup! Like he just awarded you with the compliment of the year because he deems you attractive.

eclipsed

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    I see this kind of crap with all races though, not just white dudes. I mean if you find someone attractive, just let it be known. Don't need to drag race into it. When someone does that, to me it just shows they are not confident in themselves to handle being with someone who doesn't look like them.

Lamont

Sixer
    zBucks
    You're thinking of how a person with self-esteem and respect would respond. If you're insecure about your race and venerate Whiteness, that "compliment" would make your day. Then you'll start developing your "I'm better than the other negroes" complex.

It appears as if one of the wenches came across my timeline. 27 year old Black woman clamoring over a 47 year old White man. I present, Exhibit A:

“Todd said my nails looked nice, so I knew there was something there,” she laughs, and Todd admits he was trying to signal that he was single. That night, he sent her a message to ask her out.

Bruh Man

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    what you say when brad said that to you?

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Has someone ever said that to you?