Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Days ago a mass shooting happened at a gay nightclub in Colorado where five people were murdered. Last night a manager at a Walmart in Virginia murdered six people, most of them co-workers. I'm tired of this yearly pattern of mass shootings. I'm also tired of people complaining about guns. Everyone shouldn't have access to guns, I will agree on that. But banning people from having these weapons is not the way. How are people going to protect themselves? Black people who have their power tools need them to protect themselves. There are cases where Black people had to use a gun to defend themselves and others around. If they didn't have this protection, they and others would be dead. What are your thoughts on mass shootings and the attack on gun ownership?

Nat Turner

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I’m not with any bans on guns because the bad guys will still get the guns no matter what. All control does is stop and criminalize lawful gun owners.
    Also, black people not having guns encourages white supremacist police death squads, militias, and vigilantes who don’t fear immediate consequences from killing you or someone you love.

Harbinger

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Also, black people not having guns encourages white supremacist police death squads, militias, and vigilantes who don’t fear immediate consequences from killing you or someone you love.
    Correct as they know we will be sitting ducks. With a a firearm prohibition the white supremacists know that the government will crack down hard on us and give a pass to them. So they’ll be certain that outside of the gang bangers the average Black person will be defenseless.

cjg

Master Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Nobody wants a complete ban, but at least put a few safeguards in place so ppl that seek to do harm are scrutinized before doing so ..

I heard the Uvalde or one of these shooters just went to the store, bought one, and committed the crime right after. Or even ppl that are mentally unstable (I think you need to be a certain age to have a gun)

I understand they could have gotten them legally, but a few safeguards will at least put a damper on the mass shootings. This is sad to see, the elected officials getting paid by the gun lobby to turn a blind eye to public safety.

I'm not advocating for one political side, just saying it's too easy, the to many loopholes, and I don't think existing policies to get a gun are not being implemented. Not to mention the trafficking, government sabotage to our community, etc. The system is bad all the way around.

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Correct as they know we will be sitting ducks. With a a firearm prohibition the white supremacists know that the government will crack down hard on us and give a pass to them. So they’ll be certain that outside of the gang bangers the average Black person will be defenseless.
    Thus the phrase, "FIGHT OR DIE TRYING"! I'm NOT giving up my right to defend myself or my loved ones for NOBODY! 💯