Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I had a convo with a foreign brotha once about that 'I didn't know about racism when I came to America' thing because he grew up in a 'black country'. He was also Moslem. I said 'You grew up in a Moslem area your whole life where Moslems run everything but you knew about how Moslems were treated in non Moslem countries and didn't like it though?'

It's not an excuse. Stop hiding behind that. It's all cap.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I feel like we need to value individual experiences but we can't be delusional about it. Both my parents immigrated to the US. My father is Jamaican, my mother is Italian. Both faced discrimination in different areas but they learned quick on who they could trust and who they couldn't. I think we could all benefit from travel and seeing how other cultures live and react to our presence. It is an eye opening experience.

People in other nations think all black Americans are what they see on TV, in movies and shows, in music videos and sports. That is a small number of people that don't represent all of us.

RCNAL
    RCNAL
    Jamaican / Italian? That's a unique mix. Good to see you on here fam. Stay up.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Some people in other countries. I've met more than a few Africans on the continent who are down. Tariq has said as much in his travels on the continent.
    So, they know. Same in the Caribbean who should know better having a history of slavery then colonization.
    I think people choose not to and use 'we didn't grow up with blah blah blah' as an excuse.

The plight of Blacks in America is well known. White Europeans have asked is it as bad as they heard. Asians as well. People know, for the most part.

D

Deleted member 1946

I had a convo with a foreign brotha once about that 'I didn't know about racism when I came to America' thing because he grew up in a 'black country'. He was also Moslem. I said 'You grew up in a Moslem area your whole life where Moslems run everything but you knew about how Moslems were treated in non Moslem countries and didn't like it though?'

It's not an excuse. Stop hiding behind that. It's all cap.

There is no way I believe a Black person anywhere does not know what racism is.

D

Deleted member 1946

Some people in other countries. I've met more than a few Africans on the continent who are down. Tariq has said as much in his travels on the continent.
    So, they know. Same in the Caribbean who should know better having a history of slavery then colonization.
    I think people choose not to and use 'we didn't grow up with blah blah blah' as an excuse.

The plight of Blacks in America is well known. White Europeans have asked is it as bad as they heard. Asians as well. People know, for the most part.
    I know folks know.

D

Deleted member 1946

I feel like we need to value individual experiences but we can't be delusional about it. Both my parents immigrated to the US. My father is Jamaican, my mother is Italian. Both faced discrimination in different areas but they learned quick on who they could trust and who they couldn't. I think we could all benefit from travel and seeing how other cultures live and react to our presence. It is an eye opening experience.

People in other nations think all black Americans are what they see on TV, in movies and shows, in music videos and sports. That is a small number of people that don't represent all of us.
    Yes because people will see that some assumptions are not true

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Some want to leave the plantation by any means and some simply go back to picking the cotton. The cotton pickers are the ones to keep an eye on....they're comfortable on the plantation or too scared of change to leave to the point of fighting those who want to leave. Fighting for Empowerment can be a lonely dangerous road.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yes because people will see that some assumptions are not true
    Exactly. I think social media, news, and general entertainment have painted groups of people with the same brush and have them boiled down to a set of characteristics like people are animals rather than seeing individuals. Some say this is down to the spread of Marxism and Maoism but I think it is just down to people being ignorant.