Master Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
If you remember back in 2012 Mitt Romney famously made his comments about the 47%. This ended up costing him the election some would say.

Back then I was hardcore vote blue no matter who Democrat. At that time I though those comments were the most racist thing ever. I looked at those comments again.
He was saying what he said about the 47% from a place of that they were poor and dependent on government etc. It was pretty obvious he meant black people.

However when you think of the vote blue no matter who group he was right in that he would never convince them to vote any other way. He wasn't talking about them though he was just talking about black people as w whole as if we're all poor and destitute. That is completely racist and wrong.

Looking back now with a different and less biased perspective he was right about one thing. There is a constituency that he would never convince to even consider voting for him.

There are a group of black people that a Republican could offer reparations and have his party on board with it and they would still be against him just because it's not coming from a Democrat.

I think he got the part right that they will never vote for him.

About that part I don't think he was wrong. The only thing he got wrong was the reason why?