Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
Hidden Whaling Museum....sorry had to do it. It was harder not to.

Nah but seriously, it never amazes me our history all over that's been covered up, hidden, lied, lost, etc.

A Canadian coworker once gave me a book about black ice hockey players back in the day in Canada who were very good but you know the usual story, faced massive racism.

We need more scholars these days to find out these stories and bring them to light. My fear is there are lots of stories that will die with many of our elders.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
They also had an exhibit about Paul Cuffe. Foundational Black Americans built this country. We need to get our reparations for the stolen labor and contributions our ppl have made.

Hidden Whaling Museum....sorry had to do it. It was harder not to.

Nah but seriously, it never amazes me our history all over that's been covered up, hidden, lied, lost, etc.

A Canadian coworker once gave me a book about black ice hockey players back in the day in Canada who were very good but you know the usual story, faced massive racism.

We need more scholars these days to find out these stories and bring them to light. My fear is there are lots of stories that will die with many of our elders.

20230611_122640.jpg

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Visited a Whaling Muesum in New Bedford. I saw old photos of Black sailors everywhere. Moby Dick should have been completely Black....

View attachment 7876
In Damn near every aspect we have been either directly involved or intentionally hidden on the fringes, Whaling industry, Hidden Colors & if I can find one, will post a pic of all black mid 19th century Life Patrols headquartered along the coastline of NC. Great post 🔥

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
These Supremacists are lazy liars. They make us do all the hard work, then take all the credit. I've seen it playout my whole life. I'm tired of it.

In Damn near every aspect we have been either directly involved or intentionally hidden on the fringes, Whaling industry, Hidden Colors & if I can find one, will post a pic of all black mid 19th century Life Patrols headquartered along the coastline of NC. Great post 🔥

InsaneOptimist

Senior Sixer
Tither
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

josiah starr

Master Sixer
Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Yeah. The Lighthouse and US Life Saving Service were both precursor to the modern day USCG. I only know that because I was once a Coast Guardsmen.

They hide this stuff, down play it or flat out play dumb. They prefer we only be Slaves or peasants.

This link includes a video discussion & images. According to the dates the brothers were doing this work for quite some time as a part of the US Life Saving Service. Submerged NC: North Carolina Life-Saving Stations Pictured in Black & White | Office of National Marine Sanctuaries