The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
1M

You cool with a smart home future?

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Where everything is connected, your fridge, your stove, to your damn washer and dryer. Do you think you can ever do a future with smart appliances? We already are connected via our phones, smart watches, tablets, PCs etc. Now we have fridges with computers built in, and are already nearing the possibility of every device in our home being "smart".

As well, using smart lights, ring doorbells, automated security systems etc. Pretty much everything we own will be able to collect our data. Eventually we'll get to a point where we'll have to use these smart appliances. Are you worried about that? I doubt our washers and dryers will have PCs built into them, but I could see them collecting data about how often clothes are washed, and other smart settings the "Future" will have.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Who the f needs a smart fridge? Like if you can't remember what you got or what you need to get, make a list. This kind of tech is making it easier for things like Alzheimer's to be a bigger problem. If you ain't using your brain, you are going to lose it! I am good on all this. Outside of my smartphone, I don't need other tech that is designed to "make life easier" by invading my privacy.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I only use smart lights, I have one camera in my house that's pointed at my back door, all of the other cameras are outside. I would never go full smart devices in my house, especially when everything depends on internet connection, all you need is your ISP to shut you down and all of your smart stuff is now dumb.
    CCTV mixed with smart is the best option for me.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA