Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Your views on fat acceptance

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
I'm by no means a healthy dude, I have some weight on my body, but I know my weight is not healthy and could have adverse effects on me down the road. I don't judge people because of their weight, but when they go on a platform like YouTube or Facebook and try to steer the conversation that, you're healthy at all weight. Nah, I can't accept that.

I'm all for people being happy in the own skin, but when you go out there and say being obese is okay, or that you can live a long life, and all this other BS, it ends up making obese and overweight people think it's okay to keep living such a lifestyle.

I'm not saying I hate or dislike people who have weight problems, I can't stand when they tell their audiences that you can be healthy at any weight. It bugs me so damn much.

Anyway, what are your opinions on this?

JerriBun

Master Sixer
Super Moderator
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I have noticed the trend you mentioned. I don't agree with the trend either.

I think the encouragement of healthy eating and living will be beneficial for all. Are some people naturally bigger? I dunno. But if you're doing your best to eat healthy and live healthy, then that's all that matters.

Jay

The First Sixer
HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Being fat is not healthy and what we are seeing is the dominant society trying to use another issue to make themselves an oppressed minority.

Body positivity started because white people kept shaking Black people for having wider hips, thicker lips, and curly hair.

The fat acceptance movement is not about body positivity, it’s about making people feel comfortable with being lazy.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I'm by no means a healthy dude, I have some weight on my body, but I know my weight is not healthy and could have adverse effects on me down the road. I don't judge people because of their weight, but when they go on a platform like YouTube or Facebook and try to steer the conversation that, you're healthy at all weight. Nah, I can't accept that.

I'm all for people being happy in the own skin, but when you go out there and say being obese is okay, or that you can live a long life, and all this other BS, it ends up making obese and overweight people think it's okay to keep living such a lifestyle.

I'm not saying I hate or dislike people who have weight problems, I can't stand when they tell their audiences that you can be healthy at any weight. It bugs me so damn much.

Anyway, what are your opinions on this?
    My opinion is similar to yours. No hate if you're overweight, but when you're trying people some BS about being healthy at any weight, a line has been crossed.

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    My opinion is similar to yours. No hate if you're overweight, but when you're trying people some BS about being healthy at any weight, a line has been crossed.
    The USA will fall and it’ll be because it’s creating a culture of people who lack accountability and feel so entitled that the world needs to pander to them.

I saw a video where this fat lady said that she is oppressed because she has to buy two airplane seats. She said it was proof that the world is fat phobic.

She wants us to make airplane seats larger to fit her rather than her moderating her diet to be able to fit a normal sized seat.

These pansy lazy asses will be the cultural death of the USA.

Blackgravity

On Y0 Six
    Community Host
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    People like lizzo or Gaby that try and use their weight as a positive makes me believe they are delusional. Everyone knows that living with excess weight is bad for your heart and bones.
    If you are comfortable being like that, then Be comfortable but don't expect everyone to share your delusion. And no everyone isn't required to respect your decision.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Being fat is not healthy and what we are seeing is the dominant society trying to use another issue to make themselves an oppressed minority.

Body positivity started because white people kept shaking Black people for having wider hips, thicker lips, and curly hair.

The fat acceptance movement is not about body positivity, it’s about making people feel comfortable with being lazy.
    Exactly. Think this illustrates it:
    View: https://youtu.be/EPG07MOXWrM

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you are fat, there is a good chance that you did that to yourself. No one wants to accept responsibility for their actions anymore. We can't change beauty standards to make life easier for you, I am sorry. Health = beauty and being fat does not = health.

I am sick of seeing it and hearing about it. Like no, we shouldn't go around hating on people for being fat but at the same time, we have slowed that down over the last few decades and it has only allowed more people to live in gluttony and be accepted.

Obese people put a strain on the economy. Many of them can't work and require higher rates of insurance. Who you think is stuck with the bill? It is people who are out there working and getting taxed so they can keep living their life of laziness and self-indulgence. These people are choosing to eat themselves to death and we are the ones paying for their choices.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The USA will fall and it’ll be because it’s creating a culture of people who lack accountability and feel so entitled that the world needs to pander to them.

I saw a video where this fat lady said that she is oppressed because she has to buy two airplane seats. She said it was proof that the world is fat phobic.

She wants us to make airplane seats larger to fit her rather than her moderating her diet to be able to fit a normal sized seat.

And you can thank wypipo for setting the tone and the blueprint for unleashing all of this nonsense that is hurting us all. What's really ironic about all of this is that you have an endless amount of wypipo (particularly the alt right conservatives and moderates) bitching about how everyone nowadays feels so entitled, has a victim mentality, are snowflakes and lacks a sense of accountability.

Yet these same exact whites (including Karens):
    • Refuse to take accountability for both their own and their ancestors' anti-Black racism,
    • Continue to cry about how people are "oppressing" wypipo,
    • Have a fragile snowflake meltdown of white tears or anger when they are called out for causing the brutal realities and disarray we continue to see
    • And feel entitled to everything (including land, capital, countries, Black neighborhoods, non-white culture, immunity from law and criticism, white worship)
    And they wonder where did the nation go wrong. Like go look in the freaking mirror. These entitled kids learned to be entitled and whiny from y'all entitled, whiny, self-important privileged asses. They trying to finesse and be whiny, entitled, corrupt, privileged, shameless "oppressed" oppressors and beneficiaries like y'all. Black American people have the most legitimate grievances in this nation, yet when I go outside I mainly see Asians crying about alleged Asian Hate and racism, LGBTQIA+ raging on and on about alleged transphobia and homophobia, white females sobbing about fatphobia and being called Karen, white Jewish people yelling and crying about alleged anti-Semitism, and wypipo crying and rioting and whining about how everything is so classist and anti-white (allegedly). The rotten apples surround the tainted tree as the tree has remnants of strange fruit left on its branches.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Black American people have the most legitimate grievances in this nation, yet when I go online I mainly see Asians crying about alleged Asian Hate and racism against Asians, LGBTQIA+ ppl raging on and on about alleged transphobia and homophobia, white females sobbing about fatphobia and being called Karen, Black intersectionalists talking about how people are anti-LGBT and fatphobic, immigrants crying about alleged xenophobia, white Jewish people yelling and crying about alleged anti-Semitism, incels and feminists and meninists crying about misogyny and misandry, and wypipo crying and rioting and whining about how everything is allegedly so classist and communist and anti-white. The rotten apples surround the tainted tree as the tree has remnants of strange fruit left on its branches.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    People like lizzo or Gaby that try and use their weight as a positive makes me believe they are delusional. Everyone knows that living with excess weight is bad for your heart and bones.
    If you are comfortable being like that, then Be comfortable but don't expect everyone to share your delusion. And no everyone isn't required to respect your decision.
    The funny thing is that when Lizzo wanted to lose some weight, some people went crazy and started going off on her. What kind of foolishness is that?!

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    LGBTQIA+ ppl raging on and on about alleged transphobia and homophobia
    I am just going to say it... I hardly EVER see or hear about this outside of people complaining about it. They have become so much of a protected class that Twitter is out there straight DEFENDING pedophiles because they identify as gay or trans or they dress up as drag queens.

DaBeast

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can't stand the fat acceptance movement. I get being comfortable at any weight, but don't go out there and say you're healthy and wish others at that weight would be happy living that way. I don't judge people who have weight problems, but if you're going to tell me that you're healthy at 400lbs, and want to spread that message to the world, no, I don't like that.

I have family who suffered from obesity, some dying from heart conditions and diabetes. It's not something to be proud of, or to praise. There are a few celebs out there, mostly women who are all about fat acceptance and it worries me that our youth sees this, and thinks it's okay to be overweight and obese.

If you want to live that way, fine, but don't push your feelings on others who may not want to be obese anymore. Because that's not helping.
    If you are fat, there is a good chance that you did that to yourself. No one wants to accept responsibility for their actions anymore. We can't change beauty standards to make life easier for you, I am sorry. Health = beauty and being fat does not = health.

I am sick of seeing it and hearing about it. Like no, we shouldn't go around hating on people for being fat but at the same time, we have slowed that down over the last few decades and it has only allowed more people to live in gluttony and be accepted.

Obese people put a strain on the economy. Many of them can't work and require higher rates of insurance. Who you think is stuck with the bill? It is people who are out there working and getting taxed so they can keep living their life of laziness and self-indulgence. These people are choosing to eat themselves to death and we are the ones paying for their choices.
    Exactly. There are conditions that will cause weight gain, but I think these conditions are very rare. Most people suffering from obesity, get there because of their own mistakes.

Oh wow, I hate when people think they deserve special privileges, when she was probably the cause of her own weight gain to begin with. If you're obese to a point where you have to buy two seats, then I think it's time for a change. But they don't want to change, these types just want to be lazy and have special privileges afforded to them.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am just going to say it... I hardly EVER see or hear about this outside of people complaining about it. They have become so much of a protected class that Twitter is out there straight DEFENDING pedophiles because they identify as gay or trans or they dress up as drag queens.
    Reddit is also protecting and covering for pedophiles as well. They are tampering with the Google results and have hired and protected pedophiles on their site in the past (and even recently).

Also every time I look at reddit, I still see way, way, way more people sobbing, screaming, and popping blood vessels over tiny bit of alleged homophobia, transphobia, misandry, and Asian Hate on the platform when there is little (if any). Yet I see way more anti-Black racism and even misogyny on and off the platform, but most of the redditors themselves are anti-Black racist and/or misogynistic anyway and they choose to see what they want to see and when to see it since they are so conveniently "colorblind."

Like reddit is majority male, extremely pro-LGBTQ, cooler with the Asians than Black people, and there are plenty of trans and LGBTQIA+ users and subrebbits on there. They even got sane gender critical subs and sane female-only subs banned and restricted while keeping theredpill and male dominant subs untouched and letting trans"women" and trans"lesbians" join and participate and post in female and lesbian subreddits for the sake of "inclusion." Yet, they are still unhappy and complaining.

They'll claim they are a progressive site because they'll sparingly have discussions and posts about the ills of racism all while infintely awarding and upvoting anti-Black racist, coded vitriol like this:

View: https://www.reddit.com/r/TrueOffMyChest/comments/gulna2/i_used_to_teach_in_a_black_inner_city_school/

Talk about white supremacy and its minions taking both sides of the conversation. Even the Asians and others on their complaining about racism against their groups are racist against Black people.

Oh wow. Now that's crazy.

---
    Also found this article... they have a term called "Concern Trolling"
    Wild times we live in.
    No, concern trolling is actually a very real thing and the term has been around for years. But they are purposefully misusing the phrase and watering down its original meaning in Lizzo's case. There are people out here (myself included) who genuinely concerned about what she is doing and promoting as well as her emotional and physical state.

Real concern trolling is Tucker Carlson saying, "Look at Chicago and Philadelphia? What about Black on Black crime? They make up 12% of the population and the vast majority of all crime. I'm worried about the crime. I want everyone to be safe."

OR racist Milo saying, "Leslie Jones is such a walking negative stereotype, let's hack her account and leak her nudes and humiliate her Poor Leslie.

OR a racist politician saying, "We need to talk about why the Black community has the highest rates of abortion, and as a person who cares, we need to do something fast."

OR an undercover white racist saying, "Don't you think reparations for only Black people is a little divisive? What about the country's deficit? What about everyone else? It's not just about you. The country can't afford this. Let's be more realistic."

Like do you really think the likes of Tucker Carlson and his followers as well as these others actually care about Black people and have our best interests at heart? Lol no. This is how they fool us, throw us off their scent, and get us to let our guard down.

JerriBun

Master Sixer
    Super Moderator
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    No, concern trolling is actually a very real thing and the term has been around for years. But they are purposefully misusing the phrase and watering down its original meaning in Lizzo's case. There are people out here (myself included) who genuinely concerned about what she is doing and promoting as well as her emotional and physical state.

Real concern trolling is Tucker Carlson saying, "Look at Chicago and Philadelphia? What about Black on Black crime? They make up 12% of the population and the vast majority of all crime. I'm worried about the crime. I want everyone to be safe."

OR a racist politician saying, "We need to talk about why the Black community has the highest rates of abortion, and as a person who cares, we need to do something fast."

OR an undercover white racist saying, "Don't you think reparations for only Black people is a little divisive? What about the country's deficit? What about everyone else? It's not just about you. The country can't afford this. Let's be more realistic."

Like do you really think the likes of Tucker Carlson and his followers as well as these others actually care about Black people and have our best interests at heart? Lol no. This is how they fool us, throw us off their scent, and get us to let our guard down.
    Ah, I see. My circle has been calling it being disingenuous, insincere or racist. My first time hearing this specific term.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Reddit is also protecting and covering for pedophiles as well. They are tampering with the Google results and have hired and protected pedophiles on their site in the past (and even recently).
    I have heard of some really nasty stuff on Reddit. Like from pedophilia to beastiality and these people act like this is normal and acceptable. It is almost like Reddit became the new Tumblr or something. That site used to be loaded with this kind of stuff, Both Twitter and Reddit are out there defending pedos, racism, animal abuse, and there have even been multiple accounts on both platforms advocating for teen pornography... Like saying someone needs to make it a thing! LIKE WTF!?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly. There are conditions that will cause weight gain, but I think these conditions are very rare. Most people suffering from obesity, get there because of their own mistakes.
    I think there are conditions that will cause weight gain and make it harder to lose weight for sure but to get obese, you really need to not be giving a flying f. There is a difference between being overweight or carrying extra weight and straight letting yourself become a land whale. That might be mean or harsh but having dealt with weight issues when I was younger, I know people accepting me and encouraging me would have never led me to lose the weight. It took tough love. I remember my mom was passively telling me to slow down with my eating habits but it wasn't until my dad sat me down and was straight with me. He said that you could keep eating like this but you will end up very overweight, unhealthy, and die young and it will be no one's fault but your own or you can choose to change these habits today and I will help you.

Banks

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly. Think this illustrates it:
    View: https://youtu.be/EPG07MOXWrM
    Oh god, she even fat shames other women near the end, wow haha. Seriously though, this is typically what you get with these influencers who are all about complaining about something. The fact she thinks she's creating some movement is crazy to me. And the fact she talks shit about people who do lose weight and want to show that transformation off. Like hell, if I lost a considerable amount of weight, I'm going to show off my transformation. And then to make fun of them for failing to keep the weight off. How fat phobic of her lol. People like this are just fed up because they have given up on weight loss and now they want special treatment for failing to get healthy. So, she takes it out on other people who are trying to get healthy.

I don't get how people can't understand the different from stating an obvious fact (being obese is unhealthy) than from making fun of someone for their weight. It's like she thinks people saying that it's unhealthy is making fun of people.

B1 rebel 365

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Other
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Refuse to Disclose
    Obesity is never attractive! It eludes me how morbidly overweight people look into the mirror and think they look attractive clothed in the most embarrassing ill fiting outfit as cellulite bulged rebelliously, spilled over expanded waistlines and wobbled horribly with movement. It is said that their food is their god.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Obesity is never attractive! It eludes me how morbidly overweight people look into the mirror and think they look attractive clothed in the most embarrassing ill fiting outfit as cellulite bulged rebelliously, spilled over expanded waistlines and wobbled horribly with movement. It is said that their food is their god.
    It’s an arrogance. They know they are not in an optimal state but they are too lazy to fix it so what’s the next best step? DELUSION! Pretending you’re hot is a lot easier than actually working out to be hot.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Why is it always ugly fat white women pushing this nonsense? Like the only time you hear of a bigger black woman doing it is if it is for PR like Lizzo does. I recently found out that America is the only nation with overweight homeless people and 75% of ALL pharmaceuticals in the entire world are used up by Americans. Clearly, something ain't right.