Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

YouTube TV to get NFL Season Ticket

Finesse

Sixer
zBucks
Cable TV is dying and I think the NFL is aware of that. They have a far better chance to get into more homes by using YouTube. Since YouTube also has their own tv service, it also gives more people the chance to see the NFL as well.

I didn't think YouTube would get it. Amazon has had a deal with Thursday night football, and I expected them to be the ones getting more NFL games added to their programming.

This move was probably inevitable. Also, I remember hearing a while back that the NFL has been losing viewers for years now, maybe it's a holdover from cable tv and that people are dropping cable left and right.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Yeah cable is out and is going to be replaced by streaming channels and networks. We will end up paying the same price though when all is said and done. I don't really have any feelings one way or the other when it comes to sports these days. I don't watch them anymore. Whichever platform they end up on, they are going where they think they will make the most money with the least cost to them.

Real One

Sixer
    zBucks
    Makes perfect sense considering what everyone has said about cable tv. Advertisers are probably wanting to move on from cable tv and focus more on ads for streaming. That's the future of how we'll watch programming.

I think cable companies are going to try and make moves to get into streaming themselves. We already have streaming platforms for pretty much each channel out there. AMC, NBA, CBS, etc all have their own thing. So my guess is that cable will change where it'll combine some of these streaming networks into a bundle service, much like they're doing now.

On top of that, some cable companies have gone right to streaming, like Charter/spectrum has done.