Blrd

Anime, Comic Books, Super Heroes, it all goes down here!

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Best Mario game?

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was arguing with my baby brother about this. He didn't really play a lot of the old school games so for him, so he always says the best Mario game is Super Paper Mario. It came out in 2007 when he was 5 and that was his first experience with a Mario game. I grew up playing the older ones first cause my parents were tight on money for a minute. Things got better for them and they were able to get my little bro new systems, games, etc.

For me, I will always say the best Mario game is Super Mario Bros. 3 - but maybe that is because it was my first exposure to the games? Second to that one is Mario 64.

Which Mario title would you say is the best?

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Super Mario Brothers 2 was a favorite of mine. SMB2 featured the introduction of Yoshi, a mainstay in the Super Mario Bothers' universe. Where else can you throw around Shy Guys?
    The fact that it was all a dream though still pisses me off til this day. I have to go with Super Mario World. It was also the first Mario I played being old enough to understand what was going on. I was so young during the NES games.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    My favorite Mario is Sunshine. Least favorite is Odyssey.

I'm more of a Sonic nerd (hence my avatar) but I do like Mario as well. I'd have to say my favorite out of the titles I've played is actually Super Mario Land. I've never beat it, however it was the Mario game I played the most growing up. I also enjoy Super Mario 64 too.
    Me too which is why it’s so depressing to see Sonic struggling in 3D. It’s a sad state of affairs and I do not think Frontiers is going to change it.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'm more of a Sonic nerd (hence my avatar) but I do like Mario as well. I'd have to say my favorite out of the titles I've played is actually Super Mario Land. I've never beat it, however it was the Mario game I played the most growing up. I also enjoy Super Mario 64 too.
    I know a lot of people who were bigger fans of that franchise but I feel like they did it dirty. It should have been on par with Mario but the move to different platforms kind of ruined the games.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was arguing with my baby brother about this. He didn't really play a lot of the old school games so for him, so he always says the best Mario game is Super Paper Mario. It came out in 2007 when he was 5 and that was his first experience with a Mario game. I grew up playing the older ones first cause my parents were tight on money for a minute. Things got better for them and they were able to get my little bro new systems, games, etc.

For me, I will always say the best Mario game is Super Mario Bros. 3 - but maybe that is because it was my first exposure to the games? Second to that one is Mario 64.

Which Mario title would you say is the best?
    I have a top 5 best mario games*

1) Super Mario Bros (The OG is still the best...even if the Princess was always in another castle!)

2) Super Mario 3 (Slowly became my personal favorite and the movie, "The Wizard" gave this off as a great surprise at time time)

3) Super Mario RPG - (Underrated but such a fun RPG in the Mushroom kingdom)

4) TIED - Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door / The Origami King (TYD utilized Paper mario in a way that was original and inventive and the story was fun and quirky for a Mario game. TOK on the other hand was Dark and pushed the dark themes really well it felt like a Mario horror story...but some of the puzzles were annoying)

5) Super Mario Odyssey - Hands down the best of Mario taking every element from all the mario games and setting it up so brilliantly in one fully fleshed out and fun story! not to mention the music in game was top notch!

*Shot outs: Mario X Rabbits Kingdom Battle, Mario 64, Mario/Luigi: Bowser inside story, Super Mario 3D world + Bowser's Fury, Super mario 2 and Lost levels

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    1) Super Mario Bros (The OG is still the best...even if the Princess was always in another castle!)
    It is crazy that people still play this one on a regular basis. I am always seeing people playing it on Twitch and doing speed runs of it. I wasn't any good at that one. I didn't play it much.