Politics, Current Events, and Serious Discussion

Stats

Category
News and Politics
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views

Does Lizzo Make Music Only For White People??

Hell Johnson

Senior Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Nesut

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    An article just came out where Lizzo is highly offended that people are suggesting that she only makes music for white people. Who's listening to Lizzo? I think the criticism is correct. I really only see white women listening to this mammy. Lizzo Says It's 'Hurtful' When Critics Say Her Music Is for White People: 'I Am a Black Woman'

She’s a coon that went out in the White Sea on a surfboard and can no longer see land. She can either repent and come back to shore or commit and do the Charles Barkley.

ZxBro

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Music is a universal language I'm speaking as a musician who has played and listened to most if not all genres. I'll say Lizzo is talented and her brand of music is Pop/Funky I won't fault her for that or where the powers that be market her music that being said she has NEVER Spoken for the Black Community but then again we don't have many celebrities that actually stand and do that. She's a musician with a following I'll leave it there but can we please stop with the "white Music Black Music" when Black People created it all?

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    White liberal media has been trying to make her the symbol of black womanhood. Trying to affirm her size as okay, etc. Her size is her size but its not healthy or sexy. Promoting her to men in the form of shaming if you don't agree 'fat is sexy' is the issue I have.

Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle and a few others weren't women with sexy bodies but we loved them dearly and they were iconic. The huge difference is they were loved and adored and marketed for their soulful music, etc. Yes, they dressed in sequined dresses, etc, for concerts but everyone dresses nice for concerts. They weren't marketed as sex symbols.

They didn't show up in thongs, etc. Those soul singers also had men hollaring at them. Because they had passion and they had inner beauty. Lizzo doesn't appear to be a beautiful 'soul'. Just someone who tries to be that 'bad b*tch'.

Lizzo can't sustain this present style of conduct I think. I'd be surprised. We'll see.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    White liberal media has been trying to make her the symbol of black womanhood. Trying to affirm her size as okay, etc. Her size is her size but its not healthy or sexy. Promoting her to men in the form of shaming if you don't agree 'fat is sexy' is the issue I have.

Aretha Franklin, Patti Labelle and a few others weren't women with sexy bodies but we loved them dearly and they were iconic. The huge difference is they were loved and adored and marketed for their soulful music, etc. Yes, they dressed in sequined dresses, etc, for concerts but everyone dresses nice for concerts. They weren't marketed as sex symbols.

They didn't show up in thongs, etc. Those soul singers also had men hollaring at them. Because they had passion and they had inner beauty. Lizzo doesn't appear to be a beautiful 'soul'. Just someone who tries to be that 'bad b*tch'.

Lizzo can't sustain this present style of conduct I think. I'd be surprised. We'll see.
    She is a minstrel show and it appears as if she cannot deal with the fact that even though she is Black she does not resonate with us. She is popular because she entertains White people. They get o see the big ol' fat Black coon mammy hybrid dance around. I hate how Black woman is damn near a weapon. She said "it hurts because I'm a Black woman". It's like it's some distinguished title in liberal circles...as if Black women exist outside of the Black community. It's sickening.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    She is a minstrel show and it appears as if she cannot deal with the fact that even though she is Black she does not resonate with us. She is popular because she entertains White people. They get o see the big ol' fat Black coon mammy hybrid dance around. I hate how Black woman is damn near a weapon. She said "it hurts because I'm a Black woman". It's like it's some distinguished title in liberal circles...as if Black women exist outside of the Black community. It's sickening.
    You are right. She's a gimmick. Initially sistas identified a bit. But as time went on sisters (because brothers don't f*c with that type of music, persona) stopped rocking with her. At least on the street level. Black female celebs, ones in the mainstream media if Lizzo is brought up try to sound supportive but its white women who big her up and that won't last.

If Black people don't support a musical artist, white people tend not to rock with them as much.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'd say she makes music for gay white people. lol

I mean I never listened to any of her music as a mixed person. I don't have any friends be them black, white, or other listening to her music. I don't know who her audience is but I know I don't have any gay/queer white friends.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    An article just came out where Lizzo is highly offended that people are suggesting that she only makes music for white people. Who's listening to Lizzo? I think the criticism is correct. I really only see white women listening to this mammy. Lizzo Says It's 'Hurtful' When Critics Say Her Music Is for White People: 'I Am a Black Woman'
    White females and white gay males are her primary fanbase. Her appeal is mainly to them. Frank Ocean and his album Blonde also appeals to the white, hipster, and LGBT crowds. They are not threatened by introverted, sensitive Black gay/bisexual males or Black, insecure, overweight women performing as happy-go-lucky mammies.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The first Lizzo performance I saw was on Ellen. WS want to promote people they don’t see as a threat, especially not genetically. Same reason Lil Nas X was everywhere. Props to queen mother DR Welsing.

They are also not threatened by Lil Nas X "being himself" or Tyler "racism is not a big deal" the Creator (who is also close friends with ASAP "so I gotta be Al Sharpton now" Rocky) because goofy depressed class clowns who make others laugh and feel rebellious in an "acceptable" way is not an actual threat to white supremacy. When Tyler the Creator, who was once widely labeled as "homophobic" and made songs about rape, portrayed himself as gay for at least 1-2 albums and "came out of the closet", that was deemed and promoted as "growth" and "progress" by white indie media. To them, he wasn't a "scary" uncontrollable Black dude promoting "toxic masculinity" anymore. He was made anew and forgiven for "his sins."

Donald Glover can release "This is America Part 2" tomorrow and he still won't be deemed a threat with his introverted safe Negro demeanor and his white Eurasian wife (who calls him a N1GG3R in bed) and his biracial children.

When Black artists "tame their inner beast" and soften their image in order to appeal and cater to the "sensibilities" of whites and others, they are sending a clear message to the masses. And to the eyes of the non-Black masses, that's Black people telling them, "We are no threat. We come in peace. Just like the Fresh Prince, Wayne Brady, and Carlton Banks." A Black person who can't be "tamed", easily influenced or controlled is a Black person who is deemed as a danger and threat to the dominant society.

Chaava_Israel

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    An
    I can't name one song she made.
    article just came out where Lizzo is highly offended that people are suggesting that she only makes music for white people. Who's listening to Lizzo? I think the criticism is correct. I really only see white women listening to this mammy. Lizzo Says It's 'Hurtful' When Critics Say Her Music Is for White People: 'I Am a Black Woman'

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    You are right. She's a gimmick. Initially sistas identified a bit. But as time went on sisters (because brothers don't f*c with that type of music, persona) stopped rocking with her. At least on the street level. Black female celebs, ones in the mainstream media if Lizzo is brought up try to sound supportive but its white women who big her up and that won't last.

If Black people don't support a musical artist, white people tend not to rock with them as much.
    Yea I think sistas went with the marketing but after rocking with her bit saw that they didn’t relate. But also we can’t discount that Lizzo started off kinda mild and then went all the way the way to the left. She started riding ever liberal looney wave she could find.

phairhenry

Registered
    I’m New Here
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Lizzo has to except that she is being laughed at. Not laughed with. She needs to think about her health. I hope that she’s not getting the bad end of a music deal. Perhaps reality is not something she can except fully. Black peoples are facing great opposition from many groups if not all groups of non black peoples. Does she even buy in to being black? Why does she care what anyone thinks if she’s an international sensation? If she’s a success why does she care about the demographic that purchases the music? if you’re confident in who you are? Seal sang music that many would consider for whites. He married Heidi Klum and never looked back. He was what he was!

Troy

Swangin’
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    White females and white gay males are her primary fanbase. Her appeal is mainly to them. Frank Ocean and his album Blonde also appeals to the white, hipster, and LGBT crowds. They are not threatened by introverted, sensitive Black gay/bisexual males or Black, insecure, overweight women performing as happy-go-lucky mammies.
    There’s a reason why there isn’t a White lizzo or lil nas x.

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    There’s a reason why there isn’t a White lizzo or lil nas x.
    Coming Soon:

https://twitter.com/samsmith/status/1600176022946603026
    wEKnNjo.jpg

ART

Royal Sixer
    Community Host
    Content Contributor
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Now had she she came in like 2 tons of fun (Martha Washington) especially when they sang with Sylvester....she would have captured her crowd...but she playing slave masters flutes and barely clothed 🤔🤷....twerking
    She could've at least been Donna Summer's shadow, but now she has resorted to this. Lizzo, Lil Nas X, and many others are now just circus clown acts and even clown ass Sam Smith has joined the unholy circus.

Blackmamba

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    She could've at least been Donna Summer's shadow, but now she has resorted to this. Lizzo, Lil Nas X, and many others are now just circus clown acts and even clown ass Sam Smith has joined the unholy circus.
    Honestly Donna summer she could never! Martha Washington she could give real run for money vibes!!!; however as an artist I can NOT find the respect 🤷

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Black
    Honestly Donna summer she could never! Martha Washington she could give real run for money vibes!!!; however as an artist I can NOT find the respect 🤷
    I used to sing with Martha Wash & Izora Armstead, when we were in a choir called SFIC (San Francisco Inspirational Choir).
    They then became the Two Tons O' Fun & they were backup singers for Sylvester. After Sylvester died, they became The Weather Girls.

S.O.J.I.A.

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    This is how the devil race is dealing with their inferiority complex.

The so-called "black" woman is the most beautiful woman on the planet(all Israelite women are) and the devil race knows this. So they respond to this reality by promoted land whale "black" chics to fabricate the "black" standard of beauty.