Community Host
Supporter
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Like him or don't like him, but Marcel's right, on this particular topic. "Trauma Bond Twitter"....I like that phrase. We are in agreement on that.

I guess Marcel's finally seen the light regarding the Secure The Weed Smoke circus. These guys & gals were trouble from the jump. I told ppl about them but some folks preferred to jump on their bandwagon and TRY to ride the wave....hoping to grow a name for themselves. From day one, it was obvious that STT sounded like an empty suicide pact, whose only talent was causing chaos.

Sadly, they aren't the only toxic group of folks running around Twitter world. There are plenty more to be rooted out, which is why I prefer 6ZEROS. There is no work being done over there, just posturing.

Last edited:

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    He is correct but he is also complicit. He rallied and emboldened those people and is now pivoting because that same demographic turned on him. When he was making a ruckus regarding #tethergate he was ok with the trauma bonding. He fed them over and over again until they were full of hate and fire. But when he started promoting Gabriel Piemonte that same demographic turned around and started to attack him. So while I agree with the message, the messenger is flawed.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Like him or don't like him, but Marcel's right, on this particular topic. "Trauma Bond Twitter"....I like that phrase. We are in agreement on that.

I guess Marcel's finally seen the light regarding the Secure The Weed Smoke circus. These guys & gals were trouble from the jump. I told ppl about them but some folks preferred to jump on their bandwagon and TRY to ride the wave....hoping to grow a name for themselves. From day one, it was obvious that STT sounded like an empty suicide pact, whose only talent was causing chaos.

Sadly, they aren't the only toxic group of folks running around Twitter world. There are plenty more to be rooted out, which is why I prefer 6ZEROS. There is no work being done over there, just posturing.

I have always been a fan of Marcel because he was willing to put life and limb on the line so that gets my utmost respect. I respect everyone who said he added fuel to the fire which I agree but we have to make room for our people to grow and adjust especially when they are seeing the error of their ways in an effort to become more on code. Im happy he got to this point. I was over STT when they started talking greasy about Jason Black.

josiah starr
    josiah starr
    I donated to Marcel's campaign. Despite my distaste for some of his comments and questionable associations, I'd donate again, if he's still around to run again.
    The Honorable
    The Honorable
    We definitely have to allow people to grow but at what cost? If someone is a bull in a china shop and cause unnecessary damage we do not have to accept them back. All of the individuals in question are just people. Have any of them put any money in my pocket? NO. Have they been educational at some points? Yes. But they have done nothing that requires me to give them undying loyalty.

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    He is correct but he is also complicit. He rallied and emboldened those people and is now pivoting because that same demographic turned on him. When he was making a ruckus regarding #tethergate he was ok with the trauma bonding. He fed them over and over again until they were full of hate and fire. But when he started promoting Gabriel Piemonte that same demographic turned around and started to attack him. So while I agree with the message, the messenger is flawed.
    He's learning you can't be reasonable with extremely unreasonable ppl who believe they have all the answers.

All "support" isn't good support, in the long run. Anyone can rally togther a damn Twitter Space......hell even black pastors in our community use to be able to pack the pews. Can you produce tangible results? That's the ultimate question. We can all philosophize and bicker at each other until the cows come home....when the rubber meets the road, it's about what we produce in the real world. All of us have a long way to go. We're still in a burning hot war for our future. B1!

The Honorable
    The Honorable
    I totally concur. The question I ask myself is "do I overlook the damage that was caused prior to the philosophy switch" and to me that is a no. I'm not asking anyone to see my perspective as a cosign is largely irrelevant to me. In my eyes, he is a snake that bit once and he will bite again. His personal realization that hanging around in a pit of vipers may cause you to get bitten yourself does not change the fact that he himself has bitten people for less. Once you show me who you are I will believe you.
    josiah starr
    josiah starr
    I can't disagree with that at all, because I'm definitely watching him and quietly observing.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I was unhappy with how he came at Jay. I will say that I still feel he his redeemable because he is not doing anything our people as a whole don't do. For instance our people have an issue digesting nuance. We want everything as either or. This way or that way. One extreme over the other. I think it takes a mature individual to admit when you wrong as well as a certain level of maturity to understand the nuance invloved with all aspects of life. As a politician he doesnt want to seem like he doesnt want everyone to have a say even if its detrimental. I think he is learning that some train of thought needs to be elevated over others because of merit.

josiah starr
    josiah starr
    Time will tell brother. I'm rooting for him tho. Evidence will be stronger then any of my assumptions. There is a time for fire, then there is a time for ice. There are two parts of each day. A time to rest and a time for work. What's right isn't necessarily what's popular. I'm willing to give him room, but still, I watch

josiah starr

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    Supporter
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Leading with hate ends in burn out so I’m glad the young man is correcting course. But I’m not caping, I have my Orville Riddenbocker right here and will watch the show.
    Save a seat for me brother. We about to learn ALOT about who ppl really are.

Last edited:

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Not making excuses for him but thinking of a possible reason. I assume that area of South Carolina he grew up in only had his people, were they 'Gullah' or 'Geechee' or both? I don't want to be disrespectful. They have a story that we sadly don't talk about. A history and story of rebellion during and after slavery times.

With that said, I don't think he grew up around any non FBA black folks. So, for him, I assume his main introduction to off code non FBAs were the ones who openly had twitter and clubhouse spaces talking greasy and the same ones who call in to Tariq's show trolling.

Tariq and him, are the two Blacks with the largest following I've seen publicly push back the most, Tariq far more than anyone. I get it. He wasn't talking about me and others on here so I never took it personally and frankly, the whole thing is a conversation that needed to be had on a bigger scale. I've had that conversation on a one to one basis prior.

He's ten toes down for black people. I've contributed to his campaign because he was the most ardent pro black candidate I've seen. Huge personal fan of Jay, not just for 000000 but when I heard him talk at a California reparations thing. Both ten toes down and when I heard both of them talk about the use of the term tether on here, I got frustrated for Jay. It just seemed to me that Marcel didn't want to understand his point. But that's me. I will still back Marcel for any future run for office and if he has any projects that needs supporting. Marcel seemed to be saying, I'm gonna use the term, whomever it doesn't apply shouldn't trip. His use could be construed to a term to be used to apply to someone even if you are on code. I wish that had been asked. Marcel didn't seem to care one way or the other.

The current Secure The Tribe or others who think similarly about a quid pro quo, we supported you and you didn't support us enough, needed to be addressed.

While I hate seeing infighting I have said before, it's natural (sadly) for any movement of this size and scope to have internal arguments, large and small about a variety of things. Who to include or exclude, which strategy, all from people who ultimately have the same goal: black empowerment/freedom/etc. And while this is going on there will be agents trying to throw a wrench into the whole thing. This happens with ALL movements. As long as there is a fairly strict code, it can endure.

Boss Hog

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Confused Kid Cudi GIF by Apple Music