The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
1M

Reject Your Date With One Press of a Button

Banks

Sixer
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Has anyone watched these videos on YouTube? They pair two people together to see if they would be a match, but each video I have watched just results in people pushing the button right away at any sign of losing interest.

I don't see how this would result in meeting potential partners, but it's a thing I guess. I would never go on a show like this though. Would you?

View: https://youtu.be/EoJjvEwWuxE

Heatice

Sixer
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Half Black
Origin
Canada
I have never been the kind of person that looks to start or get into a relationship through such means. I have watched a couple YouTube videos on this but over 90% of people paired to meet up choose to walk away. It's simply a waste of time and energy in most cases for me.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
Caribbean
I'd date the sista who said she couldn't dance. I've gone to a unique dating scene thingy a few times. One of the better ones and it was all black was this sista rented out a lounge and had all kinds of games. Team games, etc, so it broke the ice because you had to join any random game. You also wore one of those 'My name is....' stickers but you used a nickname. So, it was also an ice breaker because some random woman would say what does RCNAL mean?

A couple months ago I actually thought of a possible single mixer thingy that I ran by my homies. Here it is. Say 10 men, 10 women. The men have to meet an income criteria..possibly education criteria. Everyone single, no kids or you can do one where you can be a single parent, but lets stick with single, no kids, decent job. You can only come if you bring along someone of the opposite sex. This could be your homegirl, cousin, sister, whomever but you are and never were romantically involved. If the person you bring gets say 5 strikes, reviews that are very bad. Like 1 out of 5, you are no longer invited back because you brought someone with either a personality, something that was caustic. So, its not just how you are its also who you bring. The key is to bring eligible people.

Sovereign

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I'd date the sista who said she couldn't dance. I've gone to a unique dating scene thingy a few times. One of the better ones and it was all black was this sista rented out a lounge and had all kinds of games. Team games, etc, so it broke the ice because you had to join any random game. You also wore one of those 'My name is....' stickers but you used a nickname. So, it was also an ice breaker because some random woman would say what does RCNAL mean?

A couple months ago I actually thought of a possible single mixer thingy that I ran by my homies. Here it is. Say 10 men, 10 women. The men have to meet an income criteria..possibly education criteria. Everyone single, no kids or you can do one where you can be a single parent, but lets stick with single, no kids, decent job. You can only come if you bring along someone of the opposite sex. This could be your homegirl, cousin, sister, whomever but you are and never were romantically involved. If the person you bring gets say 5 strikes, reviews that are very bad. Like 1 out of 5, you are no longer invited back because you brought someone with either a personality, something that was caustic. So, its not just how you are its also who you bring. The key is to bring eligible people.
    That’s a really good idea if you want to distill the group down to an elite few. You’ll need a huge funnel of people to ensure it reduces down to a good amount of people but overall it sounds real awesome.

It may not stop people from running into a narcissist or jerk but at least they won’t be low income and with children.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

I like that idea of having the singles play games. If you have game it’ll be easy for you to spark up a connection with whoever you’re playing with. However if you have no game the typical speed dating round robin works best because it forces face time.

When I was single I did those singles mixers and they were fun. Didn’t result in anything though but it was still fun. I remember I met a 26 year old who was finer than wine but when she told me she had 6 kids I was mortified.

Red Velvet

Master Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    The idea would be to have people vetted to a certain extent. No Pookies, Ray Rays and Bushikas. They already do well finding each other. lol
    It would be an elitist type of affair. It could turn into an exclusive dating/social club since it’s basically a social 8 stage reverse osmosis filtration process.

Sorry just came back from the water store.

Barida

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Native American
    Origin
    USA
    I wouldn't want to play this type of game, but I honestly believe that it is a game one can play especially when you are bored at home. Match making is as old as man and one getting on a show where they are matched with a potential partner is another way to gain popularity and exposure irrespective of what happens in the show.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I think that there's a group on Facebook that's called Match Maker which attempts something similar to this. The administrators try to match up some people who put in a request to be matched based on what they look out for in a partner. Either partner have the right to end everything on the meet if it doesn't meet their expectations.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    I saw this. It is like Tinder but in person. Most of these people are too damn self-absorbed to even allow another person into their lives. It just shows you the current state of dating in the modern era and why so many relationships end in flames.

If you want a life of booty calls and hookups, then just be upfront about it so everyone else looking for a relationship doesn't waste any time.

TeeGee

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Africa
    I don't really like to get other people to set up dates for me, I like to be completely aware of who I am going out with approach her or she approaches me , we get to talk and know each other based on our own choices not because someone thought she would be a good match for me.

I am not against blind dates or whatever they call it , but I want to be fully aware of who I am going out with before going on a date with anyone and if it doesn't work out I just move on.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    If you want a life of booty calls and hookups, then just be upfront about it so everyone else looking for a relationship doesn't waste any time.
    This is it my friend, they all know what they want but they are all being sneaky and shady about how they go for it. There are damn so many likes of them out there on Instagram or should I say Hoestagram. They can easily get what they want without making a fuss about it.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is it my friend, they all know what they want but they are all being sneaky and shady about how they go for it. There are damn so many likes of them out there on Instagram or should I say Hoestagram. They can easily get what they want without making a fuss about it.
    I am just sick of seeing good men waste their time with hoes and good women getting played by players. If people were up front, we would know what everyone wants and know which people to avoid.

Maxwell

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I am just sick of seeing good men waste their time with hoes and good women getting played by players. If people were up front, we would know what everyone wants and know which people to avoid.
    Exactly.

It's why some people are no longer interesting in relationships anymore because of all the lies and pretentious dispositions that goes on it the so called relationships. I wouldn't blame them either because it's horrible when you waste your time for nothing.

Sapphire

Royal Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Female
    Race
    Half Black
    Origin
    USA
    Exactly.

It's why some people are no longer interesting in relationships anymore because of all the lies and pretentious dispositions that goes on it the so called relationships. I wouldn't blame them either because it's horrible when you waste your time for nothing.
    I have a friend who what engaged to a man that was playing her and she had no idea. He had himself not just one side piece but THREE. And this dude was going to marry her while continuing his lifestyle. The only reason she found out is that one of his sides ended up at her work and she heard her talking about him. He eventually admitted to everything and acted like it was no big deal.