Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    All FBAs aren't the same. America is big as hell. A born and bred FBA from Philadelphia, Mississippi is very different culturally, accent, etc, than a born and bred FBA If from Philadelphia, Pa.
    I don't agree with this quote, most FBA are similar to each other do to us all coming from the south. The Great Migration wasn't that long ago, so that's why we're all still so similar, even though we're spread out around the country like nomads. Dialects, and regional stuff may be different, but the culture still stem from the south, and that's why most Blacks (FBA), not matter where in America, speak AAVE, and still indulge in cultural traditions and foods.

tony.arzu

Sixer
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I can’t co-sign this at all. Maybe superficially but culturally two Black Americans will have more in common than someone of a difficult culture. A Black New Yorker and a Black Californian are not that different when you get passed the regional differences.
    Facts, my wife is from Louisiana and I’m from New York and I’m an Black Hispanic and she’s a FBA and we see like through pretty much the same lens!!!

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I can’t co-sign this at all. Maybe superficially but culturally two Black Americans will have more in common than someone of a difficult culture. A Black New Yorker and a Black Californian are not that different when you get passed the regional differences.

I used the specific example of 2 Philadelphians, one FBA in Mississippi and one FBA in Pennsylvania. The third person is non FBA Philadelphia from the same area. Which two would have the most in common, all same age? Let's say the non FBA has been in Philly since 1st grade, born overseas.

But if you disagree fine. Overall, all of them aren't much apart, but the point is they can't all be equally alike culturally as well. All three understand all the coded speech within and outside black society.

That's the beautiful thing about American black community. You can go anywhere in America and globally and its like family.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I used the specific example of 2 Philadelphians, one FBA in Mississippi and one FBA in Pennsylvania. The third person is non FBA Philadelphia from the same area. Which two would have the most in common, all same age? Let's say the non FBA has been in Philly since 1st grade, born overseas.

But if you disagree fine. Overall, all of them aren't much apart, but the point is they can't all be equally alike culturally as well. All three understand all the coded speech within and outside black society.

That's the beautiful thing about American black community. You can go anywhere in America and globally and its like family.
    It will only be true if the non-Black American is not in tune with their culture and has adopted Black American culture. But like a Black American in Philly is not going to have more in common with a Haitian in Philly than they will have with a Black American in Mississippi.

I have been all over the nation and found out first hand that the culture is the same. I used to think Black Americans in NY were so foreign because of the Northfaces and Tim’s but once I started meeting a bunch I realized that there was difference.

We ate the same foods, moms cleaned up on Sunday listening to Soul, they love listening to Frankie Beverly and Maze - Before I let go during a summer picnic.

The things that were different were largely superficial like clothing, mass transit, language, etc.

equis

Sixer
    Tither
    App Beta Tester
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I remember when only black Texans celebrated Juneteenth. I recall a time if you asked any random brotha off the street in Harlem, Roxbury (Boston), north Philly what is Juneteenth they'd have no idea and if they did, it was seen as a Texan thing.

I once got invited by a South African brotha to a little get together to celebrate the day of ending of Apartheid. Various independence days of former black colonies as well.

At the time I saw it as a 'win' for all black people. The people who invited me saw me as a fellow black person being happy for THEIR win and me seeing that win as a secondary win for me.

When apartheid ended and Mandela was free, FBAs in America celebrated. I guess that was wrong if we are going to use the strict definition by some. Same with black churches wearing kinte cloth lined clothes to church.

Basically ANY black person or black people winning is a win for me in the large scope of things.

Some feel differently.

Finally, would our master teachers see it differently? Dr. John Henrik Clarke knows more black history than 99% of all Africans. Dr. Short as well. Both wanted reparations for black Americans (FBAs). Yet, they all celebrated in black wins globally.

So, if Caricom gets reparations I'll celebrate it, if the African colonies get the bag from England and France, I'll celebrate it. Those that don't or have some other definition, etc whatever.

I'll link with those that move the way I think is on code by how I define it. Those that don't as long as they aren't actively trying to stop me from doing what I do, then no issues, do them.
    That's exactly how I see it. A win for blacks anywhere is a win for me too and I'm celebrating and mourning with blacks no matter the nationality. All the coons from anywhere be damned, since cooning is a global mindset. I'm rocking with the riders.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Personally, not looking to leech from, disrespect or claim from anyone's culture. However, if a black person on this planet gets a win, I will celebrate like a loon - I feel no way for doing it. From South Africa with the work Julius Malema is doing, to Desmond Cole and his activism in Canada will always be celebrated by me. The people of North Sentinel Island gets a shout out too, as no white person is looking to mess with those guys.

Last edited:

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I wonder if folks call their "Cool tethers" a tether to their face. It's disrespectful. I suppose its the way its got to be online.
    Exactly. They need their ass beat. usher laugh

You should never refer to any of our on code brothers and sisters as a tether.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I wonder if folks call their "Cool tethers" a tether to their face. It's disrespectful. I suppose its the way its got to be online.
    Nah, they don't. Because if you are black in America and part of your local community, and non FBA, you are seen and treated as one of their own. You have history, you rode for each other. Your friends have been at your house eating Jamaican, Nigerian, or whatever food and their parents show you love.

This is 6zeros.net cap for the most part if we wanna keep it a buck. They either have no non FBA friends or in an area where the non FBAs are on some bullsh*t. Some regions have a lot and are integrated: NYC as an example. Some places not many, they are new: Mississippi.

My area had different types of blacks, not a lot, but a little, a few Caribbean families, an Ethiopian, black Latinos but overwhelmingly FBA, it was the hood and in the hood you all ride for your neighborhood, block, whatever, even non black such as Latinos, even an Asian or whatever in some cases.

Like myself, the non FBAs as I know got no problem with reparations for FBAs only. We all experienced the same systemic and endemic racism. Cops, Asian store owners, white boys in the Italian or Irish neighborhood called us n****r the same as everyone.

When I lived in LA, after college I dated a girl in Long Beach. I saw Cambodians, Somoans, and FBA brothers who lived in the same area and it was like one big black family. I wasn't used to non Blacks saying 'n*gga' all the time, that threw me but they said as if they were black, the blacks accepted them as their own, but anyway, they rode for each other, knew each other since 1st grade. [NOT condoning non blacks use of N bombs btw]

My boys in my area growing up we tight AF to this day. It's the black American cultural way.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Exactly. They need their ass beat. usher laugh

You should never refer to any of our on code brothers and sisters as a tether.
    As I said before, in any movement, you will never, ever achieve the same mindset. People can and do bring their own baggage to a movement. The Civil Rights movement had very heated arguments internally, if you research the history. Some told MLK JR, no white people involved at all, some said, accept white allies. And they had heated arguments over that and other stuff.

Its normal. Knowing that I don't take random comments on a website from some folks seriously. I do think that everyone on here is basically on the same mindset, but have different ideas on how the end goal should be achieved and WHO to achieve it with. It's cool. Its good for discussion but we all live in our own separate worlds and do what we can in our own circles.

Yuskii

Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is 6zeros.net cap for the most part if we wanna keep it a buck. They either have no non FBA friends or in an area where the non FBAs are on some bullsh*t. Some regions have a lot and are integrated: NYC as an example. Some places not many, they are new: Mississippi.
    Why would we want non-FBAs to integrate, they have more pride in their people more than us, why would we need that. If you're going to rep your countries in our country and claim to be one of us, why even do that; it's stupid; celebrate your Caribbean or African heritage, make it known, teach your kids, don't integrate into our culture. You guys have such beautiful cultures but give it up to larp as someone elses culture.

Another thing is I think too many immigrants are coming here, and is eventually going to wipe out ethnic Black Americans slowly, we're only a measly 13% of the population, and we're brainwashed by this one sided pan-Africanism dogma to keep us complacent against replacement, and it's not only on immigrants either, it's on the white people that are gentrifying our neighborhoods too. We are being attacked from all sides, and this pan-Africanism "we are the same" bullshit is going to fuck us up in the long run; I want to preserve the African-American ethnic group at all cost, and this is scary how much people are falling for this.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    Why would we want non-FBAs to integrate, they have more pride in their people more than us, why would we need that. If you're going to rep your countries in our country and claim to be one of us, why even do that; it's stupid; celebrate your Caribbean or African heritage, make it known, teach your kids, don't integrate into our culture. You guys have such beautiful cultures but give it up to larp as someone elses culture.

Another thing is I think too many immigrants are coming here, and is eventually going to wipe out ethnic Black Americans slowly, we're only a measly 13% of the population, and we're brainwashed by this one sided pan-Africanism dogma to keep us complacent against replacement, and it's not only on immigrants either, it's on the white people that are gentrifying our neighborhoods too. We are being attacked from all sides, and this pan-Africanism "we are the same" bullshit is going to fuck us up in the long run; I want to preserve the African-American ethnic group at all cost, and this is scary how much people are falling for this.
    You say 'we' as if you speak for FBAs or even a majority. The FBAs I know personally and I would imagine, most on here would love for more non FBAs to have my mindset. So, until that changes, I just let you be you and I build and fight with guys like Jason Black, Tariq, Dr. Boyce, etc, who appreciates people with my mindset alongside them.

If you asked them what you are saying they'd say not that. How do I know? I've heard non FBA ridaz call in to Tariq and TBA and they show love.

I am not disagreeing with you on the 'too many immigrants thing' or that pan Africanism is dead and one way, no disagreements there at all and I've said as much on here.

You got some stuff confused bruh...really. All that said I do acknowledge that you are coming from a place where you want the same thing I want. Ultimately, reparations and justice for FBAs in America and an end to white supremacy. We ALL benefit if that happens.

Being on code IS preserving AA ethnic group. How does it not? How does everyone (FBA and non FBAs) fighting for reparations, justice and to end white supremacy stop that? Make it make sense?

My question to you is this. Do you have any non FBA homies from way back in the day, since grade school, they are down AF, how do you treat them now? I'd love to hear an answer to that.

Anyway, good luck with all that.

E

educatedman23

I second this! A lot of people will use tether as a carpet bomb style term against all blacks of non US descent. I see it used in that context more than any other. Someone like me might be dispassionate about the word, but most people will take offense to such a term since people are people and one thing that comes with that is egos and pride. If someone's intention isn't to offend, then I'd be careful with the use of the word. But if folks want to keep using the word in broad terms that's fine. People just have to recognize how folks are gonna react to it.
    I've seen this so many times.

E

educatedman23

Agree because we are a distinct lineage.

zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean

Many 1st gen and beyond live and are raised with Black Americans so we are going to adopt Black American culture. Doesn't mean we shun our Caribbean roots, but we are not living in the Caribbean. Also, one MAJOR thing you seem to be unaware of is that as we adopt Black American culture, Black Americans adopt us. The Black school teachers and community leaders adopt us. Put us on game, teach us the history and culture of why things are the way they are, and as a result we don't go around actively making distictions between each other. We understand there are cultural differences but a Jamaican is not the same as a white person or an Asian, or a West Indian.

D

Deleted member 1504

I don’t call or consider all non FBAs Tethers.

Also to the non FBAs who think they have more in common with an FBA because of proximity/city, than FBAs have with each other in other regions around the country I say you don’t know us as well as you think. There’s more to our culture than slang fashion and music

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    As I said before, in any movement, you will never, ever achieve the same mindset. People can and do bring their own baggage to a movement. The Civil Rights movement had very heated arguments internally, if you research the history. Some told MLK JR, no white people involved at all, some said, accept white allies. And they had heated arguments over that and other stuff.

Its normal. Knowing that I don't take random comments on a website from some folks seriously. I do think that everyone on here is basically on the same mindset, but have different ideas on how the end goal should be achieved and WHO to achieve it with. It's cool. Its good for discussion but we all live in our own separate worlds and do what we can in our own circles.

There could be slight shifts as long as the agenda is the same. I believe when you start attacking other Black people you're no longer on a Black Empowerment agenda, you are most likely on a nationalist agenda and that's something different. Some people are not pushing Black empowerment they are nationalists hence why they use the word tether for all immigrants.

I don’t call or consider all non FBAs Tethers.

Also to the non FBAs who think they have more in common with an FBA because of proximity/city, than FBAs have with each other in other regions around the country I say you don’t know us as well as you think. There’s more to our culture than slang fashion and music
    100%. There is so much more to us and I had to find that out traveling the country. When I went to New York and really started building with them I realized they were the same as me just wore boots and big jackets because it was so cold.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Dang...didn't consider that. Facts.
    Props. There’s Black people saying “I’m not African why would I want to ally with Africa” and every time I hear that I cringe. They really want to lay up here in the USA and hope that they can come to some type of agreement with the USA to allow them to live in peace and harmony. That’s not Black Empowerment, that’s simply two parties trying to resolve a domestic violence dispute.

RCNAL

Sixer First Class+
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    Caribbean
    I'm not offended in the least. The view is the same as mine on here, both some random n*ggas on a site...lol. Has zero impact on my life. I'm gonna still do me.

I know one thing. There isn't anyone of influence in this from Tariq down who if someone called in with that sentiment would get cosigned. They'd get corrected gently at the very least or checked. I know that. So, its why I ain't trippin' because I can't see the logic in not having as many people out there, regardless of culture of lineage who is black pounding the drum and saying the same thing you are: reparations, black empowerment.