Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Brought into sharper focus following an incident I had at work. When going for a promotion, the phrase used that I "like to solve problems on my own" was used. The promotion was denied. I've figured out this phrase means "too independent/independent minded" and may potentially be difficult to control. What other code words or terms has everyone experienced, and what new ones are people finding?

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Brought into sharper focus following an incident I had at work. When going for a promotion, the phrase used that I "like to solve problems on my own" was used. The promotion was denied. I've figured out this phrase means "too independent/independent minded" and may potentially be difficult to control. What other code words or terms has everyone experienced, and what new ones are people finding?
    They'll use "He/She's does not align with the culture" if you don't feel compelled to congregate with the White people in the office. You can be crushing your OKRs but it doesn't matter if you're not all up White people's rear ends.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    They'll use "He/She's does not align with the culture" if you don't feel compelled to congregate with the White people in the office. You can be crushing your OKRs but it doesn't matter if you're not all up White people's rear ends.
    Hear that one all to often.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I used to get something similar brother. "Not a Team Player"
    And don't be too independent while shitting on the competition they can't stand it. I've had had managers and co-workers at a government job outright lie to attempt to get me out the paint. They use racial office warfare.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Man right on
    Super facts. You can get caught up for not attending their parties. Something that has nothing to do with the work can get You ostracized. This a theraputic thread.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I used to get something similar brother. "Not a Team Player"
    And don't be too independent while shitting on the competition they can't stand it. I've had had managers and co-workers at a government job outright lie to attempt to get me out the paint. They use racial office warfare.
    "Not a Team Player". That quote is infuriating, it gets used too frequently its beyond a joke.
    "I've had had managers and co-workers at a government job outright lie to attempt to get me out the paint." Thats messed up, sorry that happened. Apart from the "team player" line, what other code words did they use?

B1Honeybadger

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Man right on

Super facts. You can get caught up for not attending their parties. Something that has nothing to do with the work can get You ostracized. This a theraputic thread.
    This is the epitome of looking for any excuses! Yup that place is filled with suspected white Supremacists Karen's do you know about the broadcast "Workplace Racism" Tariq Nasheed he explained what to do when you're surrounded by racists

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    "Not a Team Player". That quote is infuriating, it gets used too frequently its beyond a joke.
    "I've had had managers and co-workers at a government job outright lie to attempt to get me out the paint." Thats messed up, sorry that happened. Apart from the "team player" line, what other code words did they use?
    They used the term "it's concerning" which is basically a catch all for any activity you do they deem to be threatening
    Another one I remember is them telling me I worked too hard. Aka you making us look bad.
    I have looked the devil in the eye. I can't stand em. They lied and said I did some shit and it was on a day I was off. Dumb asses got caught in their lie quick.
    Most passive aggresive people you wilk ever meet.
    When a white supremacist is around always say less.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    This is the epitome of looking for any excuses! Yup that place is filled with suspected white Supremacists Karen's do you know about the broadcast "Workplace Racism" Tariq Nasheed he explained what to do when you're surrounded by racists
    One of my all time favorites. Luckily I left that job at the height of the pandemic. Good to share the game with others. They truly initiate warfare in the office. I know my white suoremacist coworkers were super haters when they found out I made more money than half the team. What they didn't factor in was I had more experience so I qualified for higher pay. You think they cared. Nope. Facts don't matter in the face of pure racism.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Man right on

Thanks bro. The C.O.W.S have a weekly broadcast dedicated to workplace racism. Not sure if anyone else listens to it, but it has been good to help navigate work environments.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    They used the term "it's concerning" which is basically a catch all for any activity you do they deem to be threatening
    Another one I remember is them telling me I worked too hard. Aka you making us look bad.
    I have looked the devil in the eye. I can't stand em. They lied and said I did some shit and it was on a day I was off. Dumb asses got caught in their lie quick.
    Most passive aggresive people you wilk ever meet.
    When a white supremacist is around always say less.
    The crazy thing is when workplace Karens notice that you're not talking, they use the phrase "you're very withdrawn/you're very introverted". Meaning why arent you cooning for us. Has any one else heard that one?

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I know the C.O.W.S have a weekly broadcast on workplace racism, but wasnt aware Tariq did one. I'll look to get caught up with that one.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    The crazy thing is when workplace Karens notice that you're not talking, they use the phrase "you're very withdrawn/you're very introverted". Meaning why arent you cooning for us. Has any one else heard that one?
    Man me and my other black male co-worker were hit with that one. Hell they even said he looked too mean. Ridiculous.

D

Deleted member 1475

I heard that from a white customer once. And my white colleagues always ask about what I'm gonna do after work, I just tell them the same lies so that they stop asking.

Stan Zero

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I haven't heard any code-words or phrases meant for us. But I can see some jobs/businesses having code words and other phrases. Thankfully I've had luck with the places I have worked at, as I never felt like my workplace was racist. But I probably just haven't encountered a job like that yet. I hope I don't though.

The Honorable

Royal Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black

Every time you refuse to join the Team Beach Clean-Up or the Kombucha Bar Hop you are adding a demerit to your Employee Record. Problem is, they'll never tell you that they are grading you on this metric. But it will definitely be present on your file when it's time for a raise or a promotion. HR sees it, your boss sees it, all the other employees see it but HR being the guardian of the business is obligated to make up the BS excuse for why you are denied what you deserve.

ProMoatBlack

Master Sixer
    Community Host
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    I have heard those before. Some contract work ended early once with “not a good fit” lol. I wasn’t putting up with BS and they didn’t like that I wouldn’t help some others with their job that was totally unrelated to mine.
    They always try to brow beat us by making us picking up their weakest link's slack. Its like you not paying me for this. Then they turn it into we not paying you at all.

Jay

The First Sixer
    HNIC
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA

Man me and my other black male co-worker were hit with that one. Hell they even said he looked too mean. Ridiculous.
    Here's an excerpt from an article I wrote on this:

You Are Being Vetted​

When Susan asks, “What are your thoughts on Bernie Sanders?” it’s not a benign act. She is gauging how sympathetic you are to Whiteness. When you and other Black employees respond “I feel that my thoughts on Bernie Sanders would be in alignment with Malcolm X’s sentiments on Liberals” you are putting the equivalent of a foreclosure on your credit report. So now you’re asking…why not remain silent? Why not answer at all? That’s a problem as well.

When you refuse to give White people the ability to assign you a Corporate Credit Score you fall into Persona C. Black employee’s silence creates insecurity as White people’s biggest fear in Corporate America is having a Malcolm X close-to or controlling the levers of power. When White employees come across a silent Black person they understand there’s a 50/50 chance that the silent person can be Malcolm X, Larry Elder or someone in between.

HeffDawg

Sixer
    Down From Day 1
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    I have heard those before. Some contract work ended early once with “not a good fit” lol. I wasn’t putting up with BS and they didn’t like that I wouldn’t help some others with their job that was totally unrelated to mine.

They always try to brow beat us by making us picking up their weakest link's slack. Its like you not paying me for this. Then they turn it into we not paying you at all.
    They'll make you pick up a white man's slack and then promote the white man over you because he's more polished. I peeped game real quick and started selling weed to get by.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Season 9 No GIF by The Office

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    And my white colleagues always ask about what I'm gonna do after work, I just tell them the same lies so that they stop asking.
    When my white colleagues asked the same question, I used to say "leaving the building". They soon stopped asking me that question.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    I haven't heard any code-words or phrases meant for us. But I can see some jobs/businesses having code words and other phrases.
    The code words can be very subtle, deliberately so. Oftentimes they get lost in normal conversation, but white people pick up on it instantly.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    "We want to allocate our resources to different parts of the organisation" I often hear added when getting us to do tasks unrelated to our own work.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    Every time you refuse to join the Team Beach Clean-Up or the Kombucha Bar Hop you are adding a demerit to your Employee Record. Problem is, they'll never tell you that they are grading you on this metric. But it will definitely be present on your file when it's time for a raise or a promotion. HR sees it, your boss sees it, all the other employees see it but HR being the guardian of the business is obligated to make up the BS excuse for why you are denied what you deserve.
    Which is effectively judging you on non-work activities. They are judging you on something that is subjective, which makes it easy to move the goal posts.

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British

Terrymist

Master Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    British
    How has this helped you thus far? I'm curious what the suspected white Supremacists did
    Its on ongoing process. Callers to the broadcast made a suggestion of keeping a work diary and document any suspect interactions. Also keep to hand employee handbooks and highlighting any key terms. They also made to suggestion by keeping ALL conversations strictly work related. Its been noted earlier in the thread that the questions that white supremacists ask are not benign. Work conversations need to be kept to work only.

B1Honeybadger

Sixer
    Tither
    zBucks
    Sex
    Male
    Race
    Black
    Origin
    USA
    Every time you refuse to join the Team Beach Clean-Up or the Kombucha Bar Hop you are adding a demerit to your Employee Record. Problem is, they'll never tell you that they are grading you on this metric.
    This is some Game of Thrones espionage! How'd you discover that they had those unwritten rules??
    Beastie Boys 90S GIF by Squirrel Monkey

Finesse

Sixer
    zBucks
    Years ago at a previous job working in construction, I heard one of the supervisors saying "he's trouble" a lot. It wasn't any code words or anything, just some white dudes thinking I was troublemaker or something. I ignored them because I really needed the job at the time, and I didn't want to get into it with them.

Anyway, I can't say I've heard most of the words/codewords/phrases from previous jobs, but I'm sure there's something I missed back in those days and didn't pay attention to.
    I've heard calling a black person Canadian, was a racist code word as well?
    I can't say I've heard of that one before. Doesn't make much sense to me since the majority of Canada is like the US, mostly white.