The Cookout

Random musings, lighthearted communication, and good vibes.

Stats

Category
Entertainment
Total members
Total events
Total discussions
Total views
1M

The Official Gun Owners Thread

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I would love to see every Black person (especially Black women) who is legally able own at least one gun.
It's an important tool, but for some reason many of us are deathly afraid of owning them.
I'm a military brat. Most of the males in my family are military, all branches. I've used guns, knives & swords since age 14. I love AK's, AR's, shotguns & various hand guns. Love various swords, machetes, knives & axes also. I'm building my arsenal as we speak. War ready? Hell to the yeah! 💯

Attachments

Screenshot_20211225-162318_LinkedIn.jpg Screenshot_20211223-235348_LinkedIn.jpg Screenshot_20211223-141545_LinkedIn.jpg Screenshot_20211223-130126_LinkedIn.jpg

Beautifulsoul032

Registered
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I would love to see every Black person (especially Black women) who is legally able own at least one gun.
It's an important tool, but for some reason many of us are deathly afraid of owning them.
black panther marvel GIF
Happy Friday Night Lights GIF

D

Deleted member 231

Finally picked up a decent pistol, ammo and what not, still tryna find a holster, and get my paperwork together in case i have to use it. Redstone was definitely the pick to click Rollie, preciate your advice. I did however, also try and purchase a pistol from this guy Melanin Metal and it was all bad. Other people on twitter said they had bought from him, but my purchase never made it to me. I had to dispute the charges on my credit card. I feel like the brother got overwhelmed with orders and he said he was just gonna do bullets and online classes, but nevertheless, business is business. I do hope that brother is doing alright. Hated to get them folks on him. side note: getting a ccw in California is a pain the culo. Some counties won't even let you apply unless you've been threatend. WTF?

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Finally picked up a decent pistol, ammo and what not, still tryna find a holster, and get my paperwork together in case i have to use it. Redstone was definitely the pick to click Rollie, preciate your advice. I did however, also try and purchase a pistol from this guy Melanin Metal and it was all bad. Other people on twitter said they had bought from him, but my purchase never made it to me. I had to dispute the charges on my credit card. I feel like the brother got overwhelmed with orders and he said he was just gonna do bullets and online classes, but nevertheless, business is business. I do hope that brother is doing alright. Hated to get them folks on him. side note: getting a ccw in California is a pain the culo. Some counties won't even let you apply unless you've been threatend. WTF?
Congrats, BMick! Make sure you practice, practice, practice, and practice some more. Also, a tip: since California's gun laws are not designed for your advantage, look into getting a Utah ccw. Utah has reciprocity with most states, and will keep you compliant even when your state won't.
Unfortunately, Utah doesn't have reciprocity with Cali, but if you want to travel out of state then a Utah ccw would keep you legal.

D

Deleted member 231

Congrats, BMick! Make sure you practice, practice, practice, and practice some more. Also, a tip: since California's gun laws are not designed for your advantage, look into getting a Utah ccw. Utah has reciprocity with most states, and will keep you compliant even when your state won't.
ahhhhhhh. that makes sense. a teacher i work with got his from arizona. preciate that!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
I tested my Glock 17, a few days ago. My husband built two Glock 17's & two AR's. Gonna try out the AR's this weekend. Here are the results from shooting my Glock.
After I adjusted my sights & my trigger pull, my shots went where they needed to be. 😁

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I tested my Glock 17, a few days ago. My husband built two Glock 17's & two AR's. Gonna try out the AR's this weekend. Here are the results from shooting my Glock.
Excellent grouping! That guy is good & dead!
fgRP9W6_d.png

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
Going to an outside range this weekend. I need to know how I shoot when the target's moving, as well as myself.
That sounds like fun! Indoor ranges are cool, but it's so much better to shoot outdoors in a more realistic environment.

Btw, check out the RGG interview with Philip Smith that I posted above. NAAGA is going to start offering certifications so we don't have to go through the NRA or USCCA!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
That sounds like fun! Indoor ranges are cool, but it's so much better to shoot outdoors in a more realistic environment.

Btw, check out the RGG interview with Philip Smith that I posted above. NAAGA is going to start offering certifications so we don't have to go through the NRA or USCCA!
Oh great! I definitely will & thanks, Rollie! ✊🏽

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA

micarmm

Sixer
I’m New Here
zBucks
Sex
Other
Race
Other
Origin
Refuse to Disclose
I own several weapons newest is Canik TP9SFx 9mm it's the most competition-ready firearm you can buy out of the box. I'm a fan of CZ weapon also. I shoot 100- 300 rds/wk I have the range master on site validate my rd totals. For competency purposes in case, I ever need to defend myself in court. I am a member of US law shield which provides Unlimited civil & criminal defense litigation coverage among other things.

Rollie Forbes

Royal Sixer
Super Moderator
Down From Day 1
zBucks
Sex
Male
Race
Black
Origin
USA
I own several weapons newest is Canik TP9SFx 9mm it's the most competition-ready firearm you can buy out of the box. I'm a fan of CZ weapon also. I shoot 100- 300 rds/wk I have the range master on site validate my rd totals. For competency purposes in case, I ever need to defend myself in court. I am a member of US law shield which provides Unlimited civil & criminal defense litigation coverage among other things.
Canik makes nice firearms!
You're 100% correct, too. CCW insurance is a MUST!

GwynShivers

Royal Sixer
Tither
App Beta Tester
zBucks
Sex
Female
Race
Black
We have an arsenal & we're members of USCCA, also Defense Attorneys.